HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2004, 07:19 AM   #1
Donna

You go Lance Armstrong! Not only am I with the U.S. Postal Service, but, as a cancer victim, I see no better mentor than Lance Armstrong! I was diagnosed in November, 2003 with stage 4 breast cancer, level 7 out of 9 of aggressiveness and have had 4 chemo treatments out of 24 so far. All I can say is I feel fantastic and know that my condition is out of my hands and in a much higher authority's. It sounds crazy but when people ask me how I feel, I do feel great! When hit with this disease, you MUST take a step back and reflect on all that life has to offer. Look around you and capture the beauty in everything, everyone. Even the person you dislike the most, has some kind of good quality in them.

Then look at what others complain about, and see that many things we worry about are out of our hands and we can only control what is here and now. We can, however, control our emotions, aggressiveness, and general behavior. Yeah, it is bad luck when you're told you have cancer, but there is something good that will come out of it. Life is too short and precious to even worry about your sleep, just enjoy sleep as therapy. If you are ill, you need sleep, your body needs repair. Repair happens while you sleep. Close your eyes, think of the wonderful things life offers, your loved ones and know that you are here for a reason and God doesn't give us more than what we can handle!

Believe it or not, I am not a holy roller, but just a wife, mom of 4 sons, and a 45 year old woman who is determined to cross the finish line!!! Like my track star son says, Mom, your down 4 laps with 20 more to go....you'll make it!
You go Lance Armstrong!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #2
Jean

Your comments lifted my spirits - I usually keep pretty up beat but had been feeling a bit low - re her2 dx - it is sometimes difficult to stay positibe but your words got me back on track - you are so right - plenty to enjoy in life.