HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2004, 11:43 PM   #1
pam

Thanks for your responses. In response to a couple of your comments:
Neulasta - I don't take that, but do have to give myself 3 shots of neupogen each week after chemo for my wbc.
I was on taxotere/herceptin for 6 months last year. That dimished the bone mets a lot, but didn't clear them completely. But when I started taxotere my ca2729 started to go down immediately, that's why I'm concerned that my markers are up even in the beginning of navelbine. I am having more pain in my rib area this week too where I know the main bone mets are. Now I don't know if it's totally physical or if my worry/emotions are feeding in to that pain too.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:59 AM   #2
Lisa

Pam
Interestingly enough, I also had rib pain after I started Navelbine/Hercetpin, but don't know why. Eventually, it went away.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-13-2004, 03:10 AM   #3
rose

funny, I too have rib pain after starting navelbine? I also have these weird muscle cramps in my jaw and feet and hands.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:08 AM   #4
Steph N.

Hi -
When you answered as follows, the anser to your rising tumor marker question became clear to me:

"Neulasta - I don't take that, but do have to give myself 3 shots of neupogen each week after chemo for my wbc."

This ALWAYS happened to me once my bone marrow got involved due to the neupogen. My CA2729 tumor marker would shoot up to almost 200 at times - and THAT is scary! That number would come down, but not anyplace near normal range due to the way my body worked with the neupogen - something called "immature myolid cells" confuse the test! So it was NOT a good indication as to how the chemo was working against my tumors. The CEA was a much better test and those numbers would be at or near normal, making both me and my med onc feel a LOT better.
Hope this is your answer.