HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
Jackie

Lisa, I asked my onc this AM about Neulasta and she sd that normally they don't like giving chemo w/in a 14 day window of Neulasta. The boosting effect on wbc of Neulasta working against the suppressing effect of the chemo might cause a problem for some people. I told her about you and she sd navelbine might not be a problem in the same way that some other chemo drugs might. I had to miss chemo today due to low count, but she's unconcerned about it and in fact is setting me up on a 3 wk on chemo, 1 wk off schedule. Am getting ready to probably be put on gemzar due to suspected progression on navelbine.
So, Pam, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage of your treatment. Have confidence in your onc until you have reason to feel otherwise! I have bone mets also, my counts got very high while trying various hormonal drugs last spring, but started to drop immediately w/ navelbine when started in July, 03. Had scans last wk and they are improved from last summer, and if progression has occurred, it remains confined to the bones (which is a good thing). The CA27/29 went up last month, and if it's up again this wk, I'm off navelbine and on to gemzar. Best of luck to you with your treatment!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #2
Sandy

My oncologist tells me that sometimes it get worse before it gets better. He says usually by the 3rd or 4th treatment it gets better but not always. He doesn't get upset at the beginning of a new treatment. When ever I have started a new treatment this is what has happened. I hope this helps. Good luck. Hug, Sandy
Old 02-13-2004, 03:14 AM   #3
Staci

I am concerned about the answer you got about Neulasta. I took it for 8 rounds of AC and Taxol ....every two weeks and I never missed a treatment. I did chemo on Friday (afternoons) and came it at 8:30 a.m. the next day for the shot. You might what to research this more. I know we are all different in how are body responds to therapies. Just a thought. God bless you.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:59 AM   #4
Sandy

I am referring to chemo working not the shot. Sorry if I misunderstood. I was referring to the tumor markers going up at the beginning of any new treatments. Hugs, Sandy