HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
kelly

My mom is taking gemzar/navelbine, fridays, 3 weeks on 1 week off. She has brain mets and is having some nagging headaches as she calls them. Could this be a side effect of the meds or from the brin tumors? She had wbr and is on 4mg of decadron daily. The wbr was in Sept of 2003.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:55 AM   #2
Sue

I was first diagnosed with BC in 6/02 and had brain met in 8/03. I had one solid tumor and was removed by a surgeon. I had WBR in 9/03 like your mother and I am currently on Herceptin and nabelvine. I used to take decadron for headaches. my doctor told me that the headaches are from the swelling that tumor creates. Best wishes for your mom.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
rose

My onc has talked about this combo. Right now I am on navelbine alone but we are not yet sure if it is working and he may add gemzar. Is it tough to take? How do you do it? Weekly? How has it been on your counts? Thanks for any info
Old 02-14-2004, 02:42 AM   #4
kelly

the gemzar navelbine mom is taking is given every friday - 3 weeks on 1 week off. she had a tretment yestrday and is off next week. the week following she will have new scans to see how it worked. it made her very tired the second and third day after treatment and she at times had difficulty cathcing her breath but was ok other than that. please pray for her and pray that the navelbine/gemzar combo has wrked and shrunk her tumors. i am already very nervous about what the scnas will show --- i need to know that they will continue to try something else if this has not worked! please pray for her !!