HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Kitty

Hi Ladies,

Just received information from Andrea York, University of Washington School of Medicine (Seattle) regarding the next phase of their her2 vaccine clinical trial. They are enrolling 20 people into this study, which will use the her2/neu vaccine in conjunction with herceptin to see if it will increase the immune response to the vaccine. All you ladies on maintenance herceptin who wanted to give the vaccine clinical trial a shot - here's your chance. The trial is known as "Phase I-II Study of Combination Immunotherapy for the Generation of HER-2/neu(HER2) Specific Cytotoxic T Cells (CTL) in vivo". Please contact Andrea York, 202.616.9538 or by email at ay5@u.washington.edu for information.
Kitty
Old 02-15-2004, 02:43 AM   #2
Beth Porter

Thanks for the info i emailed her today.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:02 AM   #3
arati oberoi

hello.. this is arati from india.. i have bn discovered with metastatic breast cancer three weeks ago.. herceptin is positive at score 2 plus.. tumour was sent to germany for fish analysis and that is positive and i have entered into some clinical trials at tata memorial hospital.. where i will get either herceptin plus oral tablet arimidex or only arimidex.. am just beginning my tests all over again as there are some specified docs where tests are to be done.. so that i can be monitired well.. so far it has hit my lymph nodes, spine and liver.. is this a good trial.. i am scared but remail positive in the eys of the family as i have had to come in from calcutta to bombay for all this and i am quite on my own... pls do suggest what i shd do
Old 02-15-2004, 08:24 AM   #4
michele u

Kitty,
Do you think this trial is just for maintance Herceptin? I have not yet started Herceptin. I will get it next in a trial. Did Andrea say does it matter what stage you are in? I know the requirements before were that you couldn't be on Herceptin at all.They must have opened a new trial? Thanks
Old 02-15-2004, 10:36 AM   #5
michele u

Kitty,
How would I find the trial on the internet to look at the requirements? Is there a special website for all these trials? Thanks Michele
Old 02-16-2004, 02:30 AM   #6
Mary

I e-mailed Andrea and her away message came back stating that she won't be back until 2/18.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #7
beth porter

I went to the web site and it seems you have to be stage 4 to qualify.

I am 3b so I guess I am not a candidate for the trial.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #8
Andrea

Hello, everyone-
I've received numerous emails and thought I'd just post to the group so we are all clear. The study for women who are on herceptin is for stage IV disease patients only, in remission. The main criteria for eligibility beyond this is that you be HLA A2. This is determined with a blood test, and is necessary as the vaccine targets this site on the HER2 molecule. If you are not A2 then this strategy will not benefit you. Our website address for more info is: www.tumorvaccinegroup.org
Please let me know if you have other questions!