HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Joannacco

Question Anyone else have a line of IDC breast cancer?

Hi everyone. I am a 43 year old mom with 2 young kiddos and was diagnosed last October with IDC with lobular features. It had one focal sample of LVI. Nothing appeared in the pet/Ct with contrast in lymph nodes nor in the MRI but I have been told that is only 80 percent accurate. My Ki67 was high at 50 percent and I am Her2+++ and a little ER+. Grade 2 cancer. I am just wondering if anyone else had a patchwork line of cancer rather than a ball? It was weird because they couldn't see it at all on the mammo, just calcifications. The MRI showed it at 8 cm long! I just about keeled over on Halloween dressed up as bat woman to trick or treat with my kids finding out the line was twice as long as anticipated. Specifically I am wondering if anyone else had a long line but it was not actually in their lymph nodes at time of surgery. Also, my CA-27 score has crept up from 21 to 32 (last taken at 5th chemo infusion) and doc does not seem worried because MRI was completely clear midway after I started TCHP. Anyone have a similar breast cancer story?
Joannacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Mtngrl

Re: Anyone else have a line of IDC breast cancer?

I had an actual mass of IDC but no one was ever able to palpate the tumor. Somehow the way it was positioned it couldn't be felt. 2.3 cm--not huge but it should have been detectable. It did show up on the mammogram and ultrasound.

Amy
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote