HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
plguest

Cancer Symptoms Prior to Diagnosis

I learned alot about BC during the 9 weeks it took the Docs to diagnose me. In my quest I noticed many stories of unique symptoms that people had prior to diagnosis that were completely ignored by thier Doctors. Many were dismissed as menopausal symptoms. I soon recognized that many of these symptoms were, in fact, quite common. When I tried to research these anecdotal accounts in medical research studies I found that the medical profession recognizes very few symptoms as pertinent to a cancer diagnosis. Fatigue, abnormal weight loss, and in the case of BC...a lump or thickening, bloody discharge etc are really the only indicators they accept.
How many of us have heard stories of someone who kept telling their doctor there was something wrong only to be pooh poohed into submission and later diagnosed at Stage IV.
I put together a survey, Cancer Symptoms prior to Diagnosis to try to gather more information on these symptoms. Please help out and spend 10-20 minutes on it. Your name and address are completely optional and your email is not visible to anyone when you submit the survey.
If anything statistically relevant is discovered it could help give just that little bit more impetus to make the doctors listen. If even one person is diagnosed at Stage I instead of Stage IV it is worth it. My goal is 10,000 responses so pass on the link to any survivors you know.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...B9g0tPug_3d_3d

Thank you!
Patricia Guest
plguest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagnosis, survey, symptoms