HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Events and Social Calendar
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Events and Social Calendar Post events which will be of interest to our members no matter how large or small. You may also add them to our calendar as an additional reminder.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
Joanie Gong

Photo Exhibit

The SCAR Project: Surviving Cancer. Absolute Reality” is a series of large scale black and white portraits of young women surviving breast cancer. We are hoping to portray through photography the raw truth of the experience of surviving breast cancer. The hope and fear. The courage and vulnerability. The scars. The beauty. We are currently looking for subjects to shoot (as well as people who might like to be involved). If you know someone who you think might be interested, please tell them about this project. I would appreciate it if you could forward this info to them. They may contact me directly by phone or e-mail . Each woman can present herself to the camera in a way that expresses her experience, her scars and her reality. She can face the camera or turn away. Smile, stare, scream, laugh or cry… I hope this will be an amazing experience for everyone involved. Each step will bring us closer to the ultimate goal of finding a cure. Our website www.thescarproject.org is live! Please check it out. Thanks.

Contact info: (tel) 646-763-2903 or (e-mail) davidjayphotography@yahoo.com

Last edited by Joanie Gong; 08-26-2007 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: website info
Joanie Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
harrie

Survivors of Br Ca Project

The FABULOUS Rayko Gallery (www.raykophoto.cpm/gallery) will be hosting a show reception / fundraiser for the project on MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2007 from 5-9pm! The gallery director and dear friend, Ann Jastrab has made it possible for me to show the Breast Cancer work as well as some other personal projects to share a night together bringing awareness to the impact of Breast Cancer and to share stories of survival to inspire others who are battling cancer themselves.

Rita Cooury Photography
Rita Coury Sam, photographer
(510) 599-6169
San Francisco, CA

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote