HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
hezzy

brain mets loss still continues

I dont know what to think every ONC and Dr that I have seen has told me something different. It's at the point where I think Im losing my mind and I don't know what to do anymore or what to think. I've been in ER several times due to side effects from the radiation.
They did WBR for 17 days, than radiosurgery radiation and thats where Im lost on the results of that. I'll be asking my ONC on the third to do a MRI to tell me something. Im lost even worse.
She ordered me Xeloda taking 8 pills a day but told me not to start the med yet. I dont understand.
On top of this my throat is so swollen I feel like I cant breathe right at all. Today I was in ER and they did a Cscan and didnt find anything they said it was just due to the radiation and I would have to deal with it. They told me Im breathing fine so they wouldnt give me any oxygen to go home on.
Im on steriod, ativan, blood thinner from blood clots, pain patch, and I wondered if any of these were making me so swollen.
I just know that I probably need to be seeing another ONC soon but dont even know where to start. Im still taking Herceptin, and getting a shot for being er+.

I see my ONC on the third and Im asking for another MRI and some straight answers on what is giong on with my brain seeing each DR thinks something different. I dont know where to go or what to ask when I get there.

Please any and all advice about the throat being swollen where I feel like I cant breathe, and the radiation. Even a great Dr would be great PLEASE IM SO LOST
- 6 mths taxol
-6 mths abrexene
- Nov 07 started herceptin still on
- was on tamoxifin wasn't working, gettin something new soon

Aug 09
- brain mets
- 3 tumors
- highest being 4cm large
- others under 2cm
- WBR rads in morning, than afternoon hitting each one direct
- rads to vertebrate

- Sept 09