HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2004, 07:29 AM   #1
Kristen

I have to agree with you. This site has given me more information than anyone else. I am by no means a stellar researcher as is Jeff,Paul, Joe, etc, but I do try and find out things for other ladies on the board. When people do diss your info as not credible, that's okay. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but do we have to blast the person?
I went back and reread the posts that was started by Sandy, just relaying what she heard, and was asking if anyone else had heard that. She wasn't trying to start a scare or panic. That was blown out of proportion. I hear things all the time and ask questions that is the purpose of the board, for people who haven't been around as long, as in what do you do for infections in the nose? That person just really wanted to know she wasn't alone, and asked for other input and is grateful.
I don't mean to prolong this but in one statement, don't rely on small studies, yet an address was given to back up info that was based on a small study, and questions were asked if you were given the choice of a taxane vs adria, would you NOT take the adria? Yes, I did. Not alone, but I don't think anyone just took adria.(assumption). I took the taxane,carbo,herc tx. My hair fell out and I was sick for along time to, we all were. No one was dissing adria, it's been around for a long time. You could have disagreed on the principal that hey I took ac and my cancer hasn't spread and I am ? years out. Things change, constantly, new drugs, new theories, that's life. I wouldn't take it so personally about a drug stmt.

What I am trying to get at is that I don't think anyone is truly mean spirited here, it's just that when they post, we only see the written word, not facial expression, voice, volumne etc. and when you bold face, caps, etc, it feels like you are being lectured and put down. I don't like it. I think lauren has alot of spirit and heart and I admire her for it, but sometimes it does come across as though her thoughts should be everyones and that is just not so. Okay know I have said it.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:12 AM   #2
Lyn

Hi Kristen, it is not just me, and it is not just the one post either, I have read many, biting my tongue but when it came to the stage where I was personally getting emails because the ladies didn't to be put down then it got personal, I don't mind one bit answering personal e-mails but there is probably someone out there, many perhaps sitting in the wings not ready to post and they are missing out on important information, get my point, and we usually, always say print off our info and take it with you to your onc, and from what I can gather the lady in question has a job requiring intelligence, such as the working back ground I had without being specific.

Love & Hugs Lyn