HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2004, 03:33 AM   #1
Steph N

I, too, had such unimaginable pain - all I could say was that someone must have hit me all over with a baseball bat. This was with Taxotere - and I had only 4 doses scheduled (had already had 12 Adria). The last dose had to be cut by 25%, or I could not have stood it.
Then with Taxol for my liver mets I also had Navelbine. For mets I had 27 doses of Taxol.
Throughout all those months of treatment my onc had me taking Folic Acid and B6 to help against the symptoms. I also took the L-glutimine powder and Neurontin.
I also got to where I would stumble and trip (luckily No nasty falls) and drop things. Just got clumsey and also had a hard time with fine motor skills, including typing.
But, was never in danger like they say you are. I still have the bad leg and foot cramps and take Quinine capsules for that, does the trick. The foot cramps were so bad I could hardly drive and would have to pull over and walk and rub them out.
My fervent hope is that you will get some relief in this "off" week and they will let you have you last two doses.
By the way, it is not the Taxol, but the stuff they mix it with that is so hard on us! If you could have had the new version called ABRAXANE, you would feel a lot better now than you do.