HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #21
weezie1053

Smile

Thank you all for your responses. I had no idea I would trigger such a tidal "wave" (no pun intended) and hair raising stories. Seriously, I learned a lot. Patience is not my strong suit, and I have been coloring my hair as soon as I had any length. It's hard enough to accept the weight gain, puffiness, etc., and I wasn't ready to go gray--not yet. First two times I had my hair colored, it had too much red. The hairstylists told me it was due to the chemicals. The third time, the stylist said it helped her to know that the chemicals were turning me flaming red, and she was able to tone it all down. Wish I could wear a bag over my head, but I work in a retail environment and with the public. Never know when the media is going to throw a mike in my face as well. I will enjoy my thicker hair as long as it lasts...

Louise
  • Taxol/Herceptin combo- 12 weekly treatments;
  • Completed chemo - 2/07; completed restruction 02/07; reduction of left breast.
  • BRCA 1 and 2 negative - 6/15/07;DX high risk for distant recurrence
  • MRI, 08/02/07 - NED
  • 1 year Anniversary - 09/07; completed Herceptin 11/07.
  • Mammo 02/14/08 - NED; MRI - 08/2008 - NED
  • 2 year Anniversary - 09/08
  • Mammo 02/09 - NED; MRI - 08/09 - NED
  • 3rd year Anniversary - 09/09
  • 5th Annivery - 09/2011 - NED
weezie1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #22
sassy

My hair was dark brown, very thick and somewhat frizzy--I curled it and have worn my hair curly since high school days when I used to do everything to straighten it. It came back very curly and almost black; still a darker shade of brown, which I do like, and the curl has relaxed quite a bit. I blow dry it with a round brush and have still have "nice" curls. It may be more relaxed because it is longer and very heavy, so the curls pull out some.

Like Pinkgirl--I don't stink and don't sweat under my arms--but I seem to sweat enough everywhere else to make up for it!
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:28 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote