HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Donna H

PRP Treatment for Hair Restoration

Has anyone on this site heard of PRP (platelet rich plasma )treatment for hair restoration? I haven't had much luck researching this online...some but not much. My onc has said it is ok to give it a try but she didnt know much about it. The place near me that does this hasnt done the treatment on chemo induced baldness but other locations have with some success. I might be insane to even try this but I have to try something.
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
Donna H

Re: PRP Treatment for Hair Restoration

I had my first PRP treatment yesterday. It was actually a 2 step process. First stem cells and some magic brew are applied using micro-needling. Then my own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) was injected into my head. It wasn't fun but it wasnt the worse thing either. I go back in 4 weeks for another session. Then I wait for 3 months or so to see if the bald and thin spots have any growth.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #3
Donna H

I had a second hair appointment today. Today was just micro needling growth factor. The technician said she could see baby hair growth. I haven't noticed any new growth. I go back in early June for a second full treatment. I should be able to see new growth by then assuming there is any. If this fails, next stop the wig shop.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Donna H

I have the final part of my second treatment scheduled for July 5th. I will look at the before, during and final pictures then to decide for myself if there is any new growth. Yesterday, my husband said he thinks there is new growth or more hair. I sure hope so.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #5
tricia keegan

Donna did your hair not return after chemo??? I had a lady in the cancer center where I volunteer last week and she was ten years out but her hair had not returned. She explained this happens to a tiny minority and she was just unlucky, hoping this treatment works for you.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Donna H

Hi Tricia-
My hair has come back in very thin - I have about a third of the volume I had prior to chemo. It's the same color and texture as pre chemo, just not much of it. My eyebrows are nearly invisible as well. I have been told approximately 10% of people given taxtotere have permanent hair loss. So I guess I was unlucky as well.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
tricia keegan

Sorry to hear it Donna and hope this treatment works for you.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote