HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Grace

Immune system: Immunocal? Any good?

I'm two weeks into bad cold, feeling lousy, and wondering if I can even hear someone sneeze in the distance without coming down with something. A friend just recommended a product called Immunocal (not sure if that's spelled correctly) to boast immune system. She claims that a friend, who had ovarian cancer, used it throughout chemo, etc. and felt great and hasn't been sick since.

I'm sure if this is really a miracle product someone on the board has heard of it. I gather that it is from Canada. Any information, recommendations, including info about how/where I can get it, would be appreciated.

Or anything else that can help me avoid these month-long colds I've been getting. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
vickie h

Smile Epicor

Hi Grace, I don't know much about your supplement, but I have been doing research on a product called EPICOR. It is a fermented yeast product that they started to use in animal feeds back in 1943. The workers that were dirctly handling this stuff never had one sick day in over 20 years. They filed a lawsuit because they were unable to collect on their sick days, and the company then allowed them to use sick days as vacation days. The Insurance companies then started an investigation as to why they were getting not even 1 claim from this company and sent investigators out to the company to find out why. Never in their history had they seen anything like it. For over 25 years not a single claim had been filed due to illness. It turns out that the fermented yeast product they were adding to the feed was keeping their immune systems healthy and strong. Their spouses at home would get colds and flus, etc, but the workers never did. There is much research on this product and it's amazing results. I believe the Townsend Newsletter also just had a published research arcticle on it. You can also google it. I have been taking it for the past 2 months and have felt absolutely great health wise. Let me know what you think. Love, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
TSund

Our holisitic GP brought this product up today to Ruth during her appt. I guess she takes it herself. Anyone else know anything or have any experience with Epicor?

TRS
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote