HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #41
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile Holding on

Yrs ago, I stood in my friend's Mother's house in Boca. The Mom had just died and I was helping my friend organize all the stuff left behind.

It was a mansion of a house. She and hubby had millions. Now hubby had Alzheimers (for the last too many yrs) and she wound up dying before him, caretaking for him all that time.

I looked out the almost all glass back, which had a magnificent view of the lake and thought, as you say Steph YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU. And, as my Papa Ike used to say IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR HEALTH, YOU HAVE NOTHING. You can't buy Life. It is so precious. All around me was costly and meaningless. Life was what being here is all about.

I do remember from my own brushes w/death and the extreme side effects of the chemo, trying to kill the canser and not myself in the process, to cherish each day. I do. But that blissed out FEELING OF BEING ALIVE is attained w/the reminders or the crises of our lives. Once we get past the stunning sorrow and we stumble about, we end up either bitter (which I immediately chose to reject)or BETTER. Most of us have felt this. That we have grown in our awareness of what truly matters in Life. We appreciate the small things and marvel more than ever.

We hug more, we are kinder, more compassionate, more giving, more grateful. We say I love you more. I even say it to utter strangers.

And when I had my tumor marker scare (steadily moving from 12 to 16 to 29 to 41!!!!) I felt that old traumatizing fear I had in '95 and again in '98. But I soon moved to CONNECTING with my Spirit -- and NOT the voice in my head. The one Pink speaks of. I reminded myself that I am not that annoying voice. I am a Spiritual Being, with a mind and a body. And if I consciously choose to align myself with that truest part of myself, I can take charge of my life and dismiss the frightened voice in my head. That voice is full of panic and judgment and quick to feel defeated and down-trodden. Easily offended and highly critical. Eckie Tolle calls that voice our ego. I just know it isn't my INNER VOICE, which is how my Spirit communicates with me. It's what some call our *gut feelings*.

So when I made that CONNECTION, I felt led. At peace. Plugged in. I sensed the Universe and my Spirit would guide me. (I believe that my Spirit is composed of the energy of my Creator, or God. So I believe my Spirit is my God-self.) A friend mentioned that expression to me yrs ago and it immediately resonated. A piece of God dwells at our core. Yes. And we are all therefore sacred beings. The wisdom of God lies within our Essence. Our Souls are full of eons of sagacity and wants not only what we want, but far more. It loves us more than we can begin to imagine love to be!

I opened to accepting whatever was in store. I trusted that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. I would be proactive and vigilantly follow my bld #s, my CT scans, the whole deal. I would not renege personal responsibility, but I would also not obsess or worry. Just do my job. Neat trick, I know. But it just happened. I KNEW whatever lay before me, I would be all right.

As Flori said somewhere on this board, "BREAKING UP (WITH HERCEPTIN) IS HARD TO DO" -- AND YOU CAN ALWAYS GET BACK TOGETHER AGAIN IF NEED BE. OR IF NED LEAVES.

I do love NED, even more than freedom. If I must make compromises, I am willing...

Blessings all!!!
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #42
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Living while waiting... An art form

Sharing... AGain... I'll stop for now. Just so excited to find these posts deep within the HER2 site...

We are ever evolving.

But much truth is spoken within these pages.

Reading for year... LOL...

I promise I'll stop for now.

I may never find these treasures again, but I am letting go...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote