HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #1
spiritualabundance

Requoting from Andi. So poetic and words to LIVE by...Thanks Andi!!

Live as if you are fine, knowing that you are not.
Death is the overriding truth of life but it need not be its constant companion.
My safety net is gone.
I feel, as all people in remission do, that each time I fly my hand may slip from the trapeze.
But to live earthbound is to give the cancer more than it deserves.

I was never taught that God promises us forever.

Each day is graced with beauty, with the certainty that this world is not all.
I am not owed more years.
I do, however, desperately wish for them.

I am grateful for the time I have been given.

I am scared it is running out.
And I pray with a new intensity
-- not that I will be promised a cure, but that I won't waste my waiting in fear.
I owe it to my family, my community and to God not to be done before I really am done.
8/7/2015-Needle aspiration u/s biopsy. Doctor indicated looked malignant. (thanks doc!! the wait after that sucked)
8/20/2015-Diagnosed w ER+,PR+,HER2+ BC in L breast (now 46 years young.)
9/24/2015-Saw first surgeon, referred by oncologist. Great guy. Office staff not advocates.
10/12/2015-Met w Plastic Surgeon. Amazing doctor. Recommended not immediate due to chemo and 'just get the cancer out first' attitude. Will do recon with him after chemo is complete.
10/12/2015-Called first surgeon's office who told me that it's been too long since the first consult and will need to schedule another consult on 10/24 and then schedule surgery within 2-3 AFTER that date. (BITE ME)
10/12-Found a new surgeon.
10/15-Consulted with new FEMALE surgeon. She was AMAZING! Asked me if I wanted to do the surgery on Monday (in 5 days). Stunned and thrilled!!
10/26/15-Surgery for bilateral mastectomy, port placed, and 3 nodes removed for SNB. 3 drains installed.
10/28/15-home from the hospital to recover.
10/30/2015-Follow up with surgeon. Drains removed. Was told tumor was removed but had more than doubled in size from 1.3 to 2.9cm. 3 nodes removed, all negative. Healthy breast was clear but several suspicious areas on affected left breast. Looks to be Stage 2A. Oncologist appt next week.
11/5/2015-Follow up with oncologist. Planning to start chemotherapy (Herceptin, Taxotere, and Carboplatin together beginning November 30th). Very nervous about side effects, low white blood count, anemia, steriods, etc, etc, etc. I'm not usually one to medicate myself for anything. Not ready for this. Kinda scared.
11/30/2015 - Isaiah 41:10 today for sure. Today was my first day (round) of TCH chemo treatment. Before receiving the cocktail, I saw the doctor who delivered the news that my CT scans (abdomen, chest, and pelvis were all clear). Praise God!! Feeling okay right now after chemo, just a bit sleepy. We'll see how the Neulasta, along with the other effects, rear their lovely heads over the next few days. Prayers please, as always.
12/17/2015-Decided it was time to shave my head and face the music.
1/11/2016-Went in for 3rd treatment. UGG. Spoke to the doctor first. Asked him to reduce the Decadron. Agreed! From 10mg to 4mg dosage. YAY! It still worked and I was able to rest and live. Praise God. I jokingly told him if he felt like dropping some of my treatment, to feel free. Guess what?! He agreed! Agreed to drop my 6th treatment meaning that I now only have 2 left and in March I'll be able to begin the reconstruction process. Additionally, he agreed to schedule me for a brain MRI to just double check for any spread. Anxiously awaiting.
spiritualabundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Requoting from Andi. So poetic and words to LIVE by...Thanks Andi!!

Did I write that?

I love it. Must be yrs old...

Worth reading and hearing again...

Thank you...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

Ah I see those poetic words and they are perfect.

Still, they moved me to write... from my perspective...

Yes! Live as if you are fine. KNOW that you will be fine!
Live AS IF you are fine because it is on its way to you...
Do not live with death stalking you.
Living without a safety net is what we do with cancer.
We get used to it. Yes, each time we reach out for the trapeze bar,
we could fall. But anyone can fall.
The trick is to get back up.

Don't give power any more power.
Never give YOUR power away to anyone or anything.
We each have the power of choice.
The power to heal ourSelves, our sacred Selves.
We each have the power of our thoughts.

Consciously choose the words that will fill your head all day,
the visions that will play across your mental screen.
KNOW that they will be sensed and responded to
by your body. And by the Universe.
Make your Intention and your Expectation vividly clear.
Do not give your power to do all this away.

The sweetness of Life is granted to you today. Revel in it.
See the glorious blueness of the sky.
Be grateful for all you have.
Faith and fear cannot occupy the same space.
Choose faith every time.

Pray with intensity. Remember that every thought is a prayer.
Every prayer is a potential miracle.
Do not waste a single moment clutched by fear.
It will defeat you. Not the cancer but the fear.

Claim your chosen destiny. Rejoice in your empowerment.
You are the Captain of your Soul. The Master of your Fate.
Decline to leave just yet. It isn't your time unless you wish it.
Hold on to Life with: Love, Gratitude, Appreciation, Grace, Kindness, Generosity of Spirit...

Radiate those emotions all day to All you meet.
Share your Light with others; we all need a hug.
Offer yours often. Know you have a lifetime to
to Awaken and see the world through the eyes of your Soul.
This is the gift given you midst your grave trials.
Pluck the beauty out of it, cherish the insights.

Know that with each hug you give, you receive so much more...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 01-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
agness

And know that cancer didn't change this one truth in your life: you are going to die.

You don't know what will kill you.
You don't know when you will die.
You have lost blissful ignorance.
You have been given, hopefully, a gift of deliberateness.

How you choose to deal with your time on earth is up to you.
  • 10/27/15 atypical uptake in right cerebellum - inflammation?
  • 12/1/15 Leptomeningeal dx. Starting IT Herceptin.
  • 1/16 - 16 fractions of tomotherapy to cerebellum, break of IT Herceptin during rads, resume at 100 mg weekly
  • 3/2016 - stable scan
  • 5/2016 stable scan
  • 7/2016 pseudoprogression?
  • 9/2016 more LM, start new chemo protocol and IV therapy treatment with HBOT
  • 11/2016 Cyberknife to temporal lobe, HBOT just prior
  • 12/2016 - lesions starting to show shrinkage
  • 8/2017 - Stable since Dec 2016. Temporal lobe lesion gone.
  • Using TCM, naturopathic oncology, physical therapy, chiro, massage, medical qigong, and energetic healing modalities in tandem. Stops at nothing.
  • Mother of 2 boys - ages 7 and 10 (8/2017) and a lovely partner with lots to live for.
agness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Just beautiful Agness.

A GIFT OF DELIBERATENESS. This is how I chose to see my 4th stage invasive lobular carcinoma dx.

As Life became ever more precious and sweet. As I felt myself become the glorious sky; a part of All That Is -- I believed I was in a process. The surgeries, the chemotherapy, the pain, bathroom drama and nausea, the utter exhaustion, the baldness, the sacrifice of my beloved breast were a part of the process. The grave statistics were there but I would surpass them! Like Olympic champions who set new records never dreamed of being possible. I could and would do this.

The fear I quickly discarded. I KNEW it was not good for me to focus my attention on fear. To give the fear more power over me than the cancer itself. I would not give my power away, to anyone or anything. The fear and odds were daunting but I could and would climb that mountain, one step at a time. With complete certainty that I would realize my goal. I lived AS IF. As if what I imagined to be my victory was on its way to me at every moment, making its way to me incrementally. I didn't have your words, Agness, but that was precisely what I saw my cancer dx as -- A GIFT OF DELIBERATENESS.

Ii made me Aware of my mission. To show my daughters and those who came along with me and after me that like an Olympic champion, the one survivor of a terrorist attack or plane crash, I would intentionally go beyond the expected range, outside the statistical probability.

I meditated daily and found immense serenity. I envisioned myself far, far into the future and KNEW I would be there. The vision would become reality! I lived with joy and inner peace, beyond the turmoil of thoughts and images that struggled to stick in my head. I was on constant alert to their appearance and as I recognized sentences that began, I'm just afraid that -- I reached out and strangled the phrase and tossed it as far away from me as I possibly could. Get out of here!

I commanded my body to survive. I spoke to it lovingly in the dark hours and explained my Expectation and my Intention. So that my body would hear the commands that came up from my core, from my Essence, my Inner Voice (NOT the voice in my head). I KNEW the mindbody connection was real. I'd read about it for decades. I'd seen specials on PBS demonstrating its veracity. I KNEW my body would response to my words and visions. I had done it with years of a debilitating back concern. Some docs called it degenerating disc disease. Hell! I was 40. Degenerating means it will get even worse. Dear God -- NO. A physiatrist taught me that the pain was coming from my thoughts. A fascinating story I will tell you another time. I learned that we send imperceptible messages from our brain to our body and physical disorders and great pain can come from just that. Now what?, I asked Dr. Sarno, the physiatrist in Manhattan at NYU Med Center. JUST THAT KNOWLEDGE WILL SET YOU FREE...

Wow. I walked, still somewhat stooped out of his office and saw the implications. WE ALL HAVE THIS REMARKABLE POWER WITHIN US! We need only to awaken to it and it is ours to use. If we focus on positive outcomes rather than give in to the inevitable, we can not only climb mountains, WE CAN MOVE THEM! It was a stunning revelation.

Within 2 wks, I was free of 2 years of back pain!

I use this power to pass a kidney stone that was the size of Texas. I refused surgery. It was 1980. There was no lithotripsy yet to shatter the stone immersed in a water tank. I willed it. I visualized the path the stone would take (shown the plastic figure on our innards that sat on my urologist's desk). I drank 10 glasses of water a day to push it through. I KNEW that as I was told -- each time the pain became especially excruciating, it was a GOOD thing. It meant the stone was on the move, making its way to its final destination. So rather than clutch and tighten up in response to that pain, I let go and went with it KNOWING it was making its way out of my body.

So with cancer, I was in touch with my body and I KNEW, as I'd read, that my words, thoughts and whispers would invoke it to heal my bodily dysfunction (aka cancer). I KNEW that my guided imagery (seeing myself far far into the future in vivid detail) would serve to entice not only my body, but the Universe itself, to collude with me and move atoms and bring my most thought about dreams to me. I call my chosen destiny to me with each day. I do so with deliberateness.

I have decided to go with the 100 yr plan. I will live to 100 in good health, maintain my mental faculties and no major bodily ailments. I will walk and dance! I will laugh and converse. I will hug and love. And in time, maybe at 104, I will die of something entirely different than cancer. And so it will be...

And I KNOW my supplements help me get to my finish line, decades away still. I keep breathing, taking in air through my nose and holding on to it, holding on to The Now, and blowing is out through my pursed lips along with all that is unwanted in my body. I can hear the whoosh as I say goodbye to all that is unwanted. I see myself in the Catskills woods a young boy took me to, to share a wondrous sight. Midst the bramble and brush was a little Eden clearing. Surrounded by tall trees with unkempt twigs like cobwebs among its branches, looking regal and ancient. There was a miniature lake and a gushing sound of moving water though the lake was still and reflecting the gorgeous sunlight and the tall tree trunks. I saw colors of flowers about and heard birds chirping and singing in delight. We ran around the open spaces with our arms outstretched and laughed and rejoiced. It was grand. I was 15. I return to that spot in my meditations every day. Though sometimes I go back to scenes from Yosemite which awed me to the core. It is where I transport myself midst my meditation, so as not to allow any other thoughts to enter my head. I become preoccupied with the beauty and the joy and serenity.

When I return to Now that is precisely how I feel, no matter what else is going in the turmoil of Life. I do not think of what was, I do not worry about what might be, I simply KNOW I am here and I AM HEALTHY AND WELL (even midst full blown cancer). I DO NOT HAVE CANCER. NO MORE CANCER. My daily mantra. Just to set the record straight with my body. And cause I KNOW the Universe senses the vibrational frequency of all I put out in thoughts and words and responds IN KIND. So I concentrate on what I want what I fear. Lest I call what I don't want to me.

I AM are most powerful..! Anything you say after that -- will be so...

Old 01-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

The Awakening, Revealing And Potentially Life Changing Power Of

((( "I AM" )))

Become Conscious Of What You Are Creating Through

"I AM" And You'll Have Discovered Yet Another "NOT So Secret", Secret for Experiencing Real Harmony And Fulfillment In EVERY Aspect Of Your Life

You ARE the light of the world. What you proclaim through your verbalizations of I AM exposes, illuminates and clearly reveals the underlying cause which initiates the creative process, producing EVERY event, condition and circumstance in YOUR life just as you proclaim and "believe" it will…without fail and with unwavering certainty.

What is it that you are choosing and claiming for yourself?

Is it...

I AM always broke

I AM sick and tired

I AM...

Abundance and Happiness.com