HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #21
DancerDonna

Re: Cancer has Returned..........

Jackie,

In your posting, you wrote:

One inexperienced staff had attempted to put the blood pressure cuff on my 'bad' arm where many lymph nodes had been taken (2+9 = 11)

What did you mean by "2 + 9 = 11?" Did you have lymph nodes removed twice? If so, by any chance, was 11 the total number of the nodes in the first layer?

Do you have lymphedema in your arm? Was the swelling, lymphedema, you spoke only in your breast and temporary?

It scares me that I have not been able to find any doctors or patients who have experienced removing more lymph nodes when there is already lymphedema. The doctors seem very proud of themselves when they have been able to find a sentinel node a second time.

Thanks for the info.
stage IIA, L. breast 1.6 cm ductal carcinoma, E+, Pr+, HER2+, 5/12/05; lumpectomy, chemo: adriamycin & cytoxin 4 x 3 wk., taxol 12 x 1 wk., herceptin 1 yr., rads, arimadex started 2/06 & still taking; sentinel node biopsy: 1st node had 1.5 cm tumor broken out of encapsulation & 2nd had microscopic cells, 3rd was clear. Lymphedema in L. arm & hand 6/06 caused by breast infection caused by breast leaking seroma thru nipple.
New ductal carcinoma tumor 6/21/10 in l. breast again with insitu. Size of tumor estimated at 1 mm from biopsy on 6/21 & breast MRI on 6/25. HER2+ again but only 5% E+ & Pr-. Mastectomy & SIEA or DIEP flap procedure with another sentinel node biopsy planned for early Sept.
DancerDonna is offline   Reply With Quote