HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Emelie

Unhappy Pain in my feet

Has anyone had really bad pain in their feet when the get up from sitting or laying down? I thought it was Plantar Fasciatis(sp) but went to the PCP yesterday and she said it was not. Had xray's taken of them and waiting to hear.
Also, my shoulder on the side of my MRM is not impinged and will probably need PT and cortisone.
Has anyone else had these problems. I feel like I am 100 years old with all my aches and pains.
I try to walk 30 minutes everyday, I take all the supplements and I am living on Advil.
Guess I am just frustrated to have so many "minor" ailments that I am not back to where I was before.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Emelie
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Grace

Emilie,

I've had two frozen shoulders, which had nothing to do with BC. An overly enthusiastic surgeon operated on first: very painful and took months to recover, with constant PT. The second, on left, was treated by my primary care doctor, who is also a Rheumatologist, with a shot of cortisone and some PT (total of three sessions). It's been great, full mobility, and I'm so happy I didn't return to the surgeon. If you can fix it with cortisone and PT, I suggest you try that first. It worked for me. Can't help you on the feet problem, but I hope they get better soon.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Karen W

I have pain in my left foot, too. I do think it is plantar fasciitis and I am currently wearing my orthotics and doing different kinds of exercises for my foot. My friend had it so bad that they had to cast her all the way to the knee.

If you think you have it, I would go for a 2nd opinion because once it gets bad, it's hard to manage.

Karen
Karen W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
Sheila

EMELIE

I have pain in my legs and feet but I attribute it to the taxol I'm on....as far as the shoulder goes, I ended up with shoulder problems on my MRM side...PT and cortisone took care of it....no more pain. The funny thing was, I got it about 1 year later!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
janet/FL

Emelie
I would consider acupuncture and message before leaping into other therapies. I think I have read good things about it for frozen shoulders.
I have a lot of almost whole body pain when I exercise. Feet, shoulders, legs, arms and hands. I think I will take my own advice :-) and consider more message and acupuncture! Acupuncture did away with almost all pain in my stomach that was thought to be adhesions from hysterectomy.
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
Emelie

Thanks ladies

Thank you to all who responded to my post. I guess that BC treatments and age are catching up with me Big Time. The hardest part for me, is that I was so healthy and athletic before BC. Now it takes all my effort to exercise and take care of day to day stuff.
I will probably get cortisone and PT, and hopefully my PCP can figure what is up with my feet.
Hope all is going well with everyone,
Emelie
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
Chelee

Emelie, As far as the shoulder problem...I had alot of pain on my MRM side. I felt like my entire shoulder was dislocated. It really hurt! I could hardly move it at one time without coming close to tears. I complained to any doctor that would listen and all they said is its not normal and I could see a orthopedic doctor for it. I couldn't help but believe it had to be caused some how from the MRM. Long story short it took quite a while but it did QUIT hurting all on its own. I did my own exercise with it...walking it up walls and making sure I moved it. But it was probably a good 6 months and its GREAT now thank goodness. After the all the time I've spent on the boards it sure seems this is a more common problem then our oncologist seem to know about.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
tousled1

Emelie,

When I get up after sitting or laying down my feet literally feel like they are going crack into a million pieces. I originally thought it was from the Taxatore but it continued after I stopped it. I started Herceptin and the pain started up again. I went off Herceptin -- no pain. I'm no on Taxol/Carboplatin and Herceptin and the pain is back. At this point I don't know what it's from. I've found that if I wiggle my feet -- sort of make turns with the feet using the ankles for a little while before getting up that the pain isn't near as bad.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
DonnaD

Emelie,
I know exactly how you feel. I don't have pain in my feet but my hips and neck just ache. I just had a bone scan and CT and nothing showed up in those areas. I am attributing it to bone pain from Herceptin.

I am not complaining. Herceptin is our answer to prayer. I just hate feeling like I am 100 years old.

Will be eager to see if things clear up after Herceptin is over. I finish Dec. 27. You are close behind.

Good luck to you.
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
theresaw

YES!!!! My onc says it is nerve damage from chemo..not much they can do. I have the pain in both my feet especially in the morning getting out of bed. I find that my left foot hurts more than my right. My onc didn't mention cortizone shots..do you think I should ask about it?
theresaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
SoCalGal

pilates helps me

I used to live on Advil. I started Pilates about 3 years ago and it changed my life. On the reformer. With a teacher who is also a Physical Therapist.

In general, I'll say that it takes a year to get back to "normal" and you've just finished treatment.

Feel better,
Flori
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
Debra

Oh Yes

Oh Emelie -

I am having exactly the same problems. My feet are awful. I did get orthotics but that has only helped some. When I get up from a sitting position, it takes me a good minute or two before I feel like I can walk normal.
In addition, I just started physical therapy for my shoulder. Not a clue what is wrong there. I just have a constant achey, heavy feeling. I can't even really describe it. I am not limited as to what I can do with my shoulder, it just hurts all the time. I did have a bilat. mastectomy but had no nodes removed from that side. I think I even have the physical therapist stumped with that one!
I believe this all started just after I finished herceptin. I really truly do feel like I am 60 yrs old.
I was given some exercises to do for the shoulder so we will see how that goes.

In addition, I wear shoes in the house ALL THE TIME. Even when I step out of the shower I step into my shoes! I will say this has helped some.

I will let you know if I find a magical answer and you do the same. This truly has been frustrating. It is hard at times to be positive when you hurt all the time and of course I wonder, "could it be the cancer coming back". But, I shove that thought out of my head as fast as it comes in!

In addition, I am going to start lifting weights next week so I will see if that helps my shoulder issue. I was also told weekly reflexology is good for the feet problems but that could get a little pricey.

I am hoping to see other replies with some remedies!

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #13
Lolly

My personal theory about the aches and pains associated with Herceptin use is that Herceptin, being an antibody, basically "fires up" the immune system and what we are experiencing are mild to moderate autoimmune disorders. I think it's telling what Kate reports, that when she stops Herceptin the pain goes away, and when she's back on H. the pain is back.
Anyway, just my personal theory. Emelie, I hope as time goes by that your body will recover and you'll be your old self again; in the meantime, anti-inflammatories will help, and ask your doc if you should be on a low dose of aspirin(81)mg as there have been some reports that even at that low dose one gets the benefit of the Cox2 inhibiting effect. Cox2 is one of the bad guys in the inflammatory process.

<3 Lolly

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
Joanne S

Em, I suffered from heal spur syndrome for two full years (before breast cancer). I know of some special exercies and things you can purchase to help eliminate the pain. Ladies, Read the following and if you feel you have heal spur syndrome, let me know and I can share the things that helped me.

Heal Spur Syndrome aka Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs.
Plantar fasciitis is a common foot problem that accounts for 1 million office visits per year. Plantar fasciitis occurs from small tears and inflammation in the wide band of tendons and ligaments that stretches from the heel to the ball of the foot. This band, much like the tensed string in a bow, forms the arch of the foot and helps to serve as a shock absorber for the body. The term plantar means the sole of the foot, and fascia refers to any fibrous connective tissue in the body. Most people with plantar fasciitis experience pain in the heel with their first steps in the morning. The pain also often spreads to the arch. The condition can be temporary or may become chronic if the problem is ignored. In such cases, resting provides relief, but only temporarily.
Heel spurs are calcium deposits that can develop under the heel bone as result of the inflammation that occurs with plantar fasciitis. Heel spurs and plantar fasciitis are sometimes blamed interchangeably for pain, but plantar fasciitis (heal spur syndrome)can occur without heel spurs, and spurs commonly develop without causing any symptoms at all.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis. The cause of plantar fasciitis is often unknown. It is usually associated with overuse during high-impact exercise and sports and accounts for up to 9% of all running injuries. Because the condition often occurs in only one foot, however, factors other than overuse are likely to responsible in many cases. Other causes of this injury include poorly-fitting shoes, lack of calf flexibility, or an uneven stride that causes an abnormal and stressful impact on the foot.

The above came from:
http://health.nytimes.com/health/gui...heel-pain.html

OMG I have been suffering with my shoulder, armpit and chest pain problems. It started 2 months after my mastectomy and have gone the several different doctors and PT. I have been suffering for months. I've posted messages on this site requesting help a few times. Harrie provided some very good information approximately one month ago if anyone wants to check it out.
Feb12,2007...Surg MRM Left & SM Right, reconstruct w/expanders
Mar07-Jun07...Saline Exp
Jun07...Start Tamoxifen
Jun07-Aug07...Rad x 25
Jun07-Oct07...Persistent fevers-unknown origin
Jun07-Nov07...PT for Severe PMPS & Capsular Contracture
Nov07...Surg Capsulectomy, Gel Implants, PMPS pain gone instantly.
Feb08...NED 1st CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb08...2 months post surgery Caps Cont again :(
Mar08...Stop Tamoxifen. Start Arimidex.
Apr08...Sudden high fever, Hosp ICU 10 days, staph infect, emerg surg, implants removed. Outpt IVantibiotics Daily x 6 weeks
Feb11...NED 5th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb12...NED 6th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Aug12...Spotting. Surg=D&C
Sep12...STAGE IV = RARE BC METS TO UTERUS ILC ER+/PR+/HER2-Negative) (Different BC than originally diagnosed = IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+).
Sep12...Stop Arimidex. Start Afinitor & Aromasin.
Jan13...MRI = no progression no reduction
Apr13...Progression. Stop Afinitor & Aromasin.
Apr13...Start Chemo: Taxol & Carboplatin.
Nov13...Scans & Pelvic 95+% Reduction. Nueropathy>Stop chemo start Fareston.
Jan14...PET scan = no progression stable.
May14...Pelvic > Bleeding & cramps. TMs up.
May14...PET scan = uterine progression :(
May14...Stop Fareston. Start Chemo: Xeloda.

Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #15
Emelie

Calcification in shoulder

My PCP called yesterday and left this message on my answering machine,"Your feet look fine. We can try anti-inflammitory drugs or send you to a podiatrist. As for your shoulder, there is an area of calcification and they are recommending an MRI. Call me back if you have any questions." Well, of course I have questions. Was she kidding? So I called the office back, they said they would give the message to her, but she never called back.
So, to make a long story short, I am worried sick that this is cancer in my shoulder bones. It is the same side that the BC was on and where they took out the lymph nodes.
I am going to call my onc. this morning and tell her what is going on.
I am hopeful this is nothing, but it is a real surprise to me.
Will let you all know what is decided.
Em
Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #16
Grace

Emilie,

I can understand your worry, but calcification is what defines many types of frozen shoulder, of which I've had two. In surgery, they remove the calcification (won't say how) and then manipulate your arm to unfreeze the shoulder. I would think if they say it's calcification then it's not mets. But that's pure guess on my part.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #17
Catherine

Emeile,

My quick response is...yes there are alot of aches and pains after treatment. I found 33 rads of radiation made me feel like an old woman. Took me a long time to get my strength back. Herceptin gives me aches and pains too. That all being said....please be on alert.....

My oncologist tells me to listen to my body. If something is not right, he wants to know. I am done with Hercepting Dec 19 and then I go to follow up appointments. That is really when my oncologist wants me to pay attention and report anthing out of the ordinary. I am hoping that your oncologist picks up on what is really going on. And hopefully it is nothing serious. You know your body, be wise, patient, and persistent to get the right answer. We are all behind you.

Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #18
Sheila

Emelie
I think the calcifications in the shoulder lends to be more arthritic changes...unlike calcifications in the breast which are more frequently cancer. You are in my prayers Emelie.

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #19
tousled1

Emelie,

The calcifications in the shoulder are most likely what they call bone spurs. When I had my rotator cuff repaired a few years ago (torn cartledege) they found bone spurs that they also removed.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote