HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
Ragini

Lapatinib EAP

Hi,
I have asked the same questions on some of the other boards as well.
Is there anyone who has started taking the lapatinib Xeloda combo on the Eap program. I understand that it started sometime End July. It has not come to singapore yet and am trying to get my self enrolled into it at one of the centres in LA where my sister lives. I talked to the coordinator of appoints gave a brief history and faxed in all the copies of resulots and scans she had requested on 23rd Aug. I have not heard from her. I have sent her an email with more or less similar questions that I am posinng to you. I have been on different regimens of chemo since my recurrence in Oct 2000 without remission or a break. I seem to have exhausted the list of chemos and probably have to recycle the taxanes or anthracycline. I am desperately tryng to gert on the Eap but I think my insurance will not cover the follow up costs. The questions are as follows

1. What are the tests and/or scans which need to be done prior to the first appointment with the MD?
  2. Is it OK if the scans, for example, are done here in Singapore and I bring the results to California for reading?
3. Which tests would have to be done in California itself, and what would they typically cost?
4. Should I be
Lapatinib EAP

accepted for the EAP, how frequently would I be expected back for check-ups after the initial appointment and what sort of tests/scans would have to be done during such check-ups?
5. This would make life a whole lot easier with my insurance claims.
What are side effects you are experiencing so far?

I hope you all have a wonderful response. Any answers from you guys is much appreciated. Thank you and big hugs,

Ragini

Ragini is offline   Reply With Quote