HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
Mar

Smile Post bilateral mastectomy and long term chemo pain

Hi!
I had Her2/neu with overexpression, 3 lymph nodes positive, breast cancer, hormone negative. I took Adriamycin, Cytoxan, and Taxotere.
I suffer intense SEVERE pain in my arms, legs, and groin that feel like I am being shocked(like nothing I have ever experienced) and it burns like fire. I also have lymph edema that spreads out into my chest and back area by afternoon time.
What a position to be in in order to be alive!
I am sorry you sffer too but I have found out that more women suffer the effects of Taxotere than medical people want to admit. They think that if they keep records of all of us who suffer this chemo induced nerve damage, called Neuropathy, they would have a more difficult time getting us to take it. Therefore they would save fewer women. I am telling you, from more than three years of research into this, that is my opinion. Throw into the mix the money that is made off these Taxanes, and you complete the picture.
Nerves don't regenerate so there isn't much hope at this point I will get over my Neurpathy. But, I AM thankful to be alive, and able to enjoy my husband and my family. That is 3 years, post chemo. I suffer but I am alive, and cancer free, as of my last body scans and test three months ago. I have to take medicine for the pain so that helps me but it never goes away, even with the medicine. Neurotan or the other meds. given for this condition haven't helped me either. Glad I am such a strong woman with my faith and a happy and warm personality to steady me as I walk this path with lots of love from my dear family.
Good luck to you. Think of me and the other undocumented women who suffer the hell of these long term severe side effect as you make your way through your days and nights. We are with you in our thoughts and prayers. Mar
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote