HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #41
ElaineM

Wink Re: What can we do about the delay of TDM-1

Thanks Brenda and Chrisy. I am going to start composing a letter this week. Are we also going to start a general petition for everyone to sign? I hope Chrisy or another representative can be our media contact. I applaud your efforts Brenda. I am looking forward to reading your interview in Cure. I signed up for a free subscription, so I get that regularly.
I agree Brenda. It seems silly for researchers and authorities to say targeted drugs are the future of cancer treatment and then try to stop promising targeted therapies from getting to the people who need them makes me wonder what are they really doing or saying? I thought the news about Avastin was bad enough. Slowing down T DM1 on top of that is unacceptable. I hate to make this a gender thing, but does the FDA have something against women with breast cancer? Maybe we should find some men who are Her2 positive to write some letters too. By the way, during my own personal research I found her 2 is not limited to breast cancer. I read It can affect other cancers too, but I have not researched that further, because I am trying to learn all I can about breast cancer and I have limited time.
By the way, if you go to the pipl link I included previously you will find Lilly Tartikoff. I tried it. It works. It should be easy enough to find Dr. Slamon's contact information. Do you think we should contact the editor of Cure Magazine? Do you think Cure could do an article about the FDA activities and/or TDM1?
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #42
Jackie07

Re: What can we do about the delay of TDM-1

Be sure to send a letter/e-mail to the Congressman/Senator of our own district. Remember Joe had said it one time, each of us represent one vote and that's what politicians most concerned about.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #43
ElaineM

I am trying to figure out who I can send a letter to in congress. The person who I could have sent it to just resigned from the U. S. congress to campaign for governor of Hawaii. He is a long time friend of the Obama family and would remember President Obama's mother's fight with cancer. The other congress people from Hawaii have other major concerns they are trying to get through congress. I might have to wait until after the primary elections in Hawaii and then write to the person who has a good chance of replacing the Obama friend in congress. The Obama friend might know whoI I should write to. I will think about it.
14 Year Survivor
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Old 09-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #44
VirginiaGirl

As one of those people who were looking to T-DM1 as my next promising treatment option, I too am very disappointed, and scared, that it may well be another 2 years before it's approved. I was initially dx right before (but not in time to get) Herceptin was approved for early stagers.

I was hoping to find support for this issue from Breast Cancer Action, a bc advocacy group. Unfortunately, what I found on their website (bcaction.org) was a letter to the FDA OPPOSING fast-tracking T-DM1 (and their position against approval of Avastin for mbc). Their T-DM1 letter (copied from their website) is below. At least we can write to/email the same person and express a different viewpoint!

"
March 23, 2010
Richard Pazdur, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Director
Office of Oncology Drug Products
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
richard.pazdur@fda.hhs.gov

RE: Opposition to TDM-1 Fast Track Application

Dear Dr. Pazdur:

As you are no doubt aware, Genentech intends to seek fast track approval of TDM-1 based on the results of a single-armed, Phase II trial.

It is our understanding from the sponsor that the FDA was asked two years ago about what would be required for fast track approval of TDM-1, and that the agency took the position then that a randomized trial would be necessary.

Despite this clear direction from the agency, the company has completed -- and will seek FDA approval based on the results of – one single-armed trial, TDM4374g.

Breast Cancer Action believes, as the FDA does, that only sufficiently large, randomized trials will give us the information we need about drug efficacy and safety. We urge you, in the strongest possible terms, to require the sponsor to submit Phase III data before you consider approval of TDM-1 for breast cancer.

We understand that there is an important unmet medical need for people with advanced breast cancer whose treatment options have run out. We desperately hope that TDM-1 proves to be a beneficial option for these people. But we oppose sacrificing drug approval standards on the altar of hasty access.

As you know, the FDA used to require the results from two Phase III trials before considering approval of a drug for the market. More recently, a single randomized trial has been found by the agency to be sufficient in some cases. We think this weakens standards for drug approval. Please do not weaken them further by allowing marketing based on a small, single-armed Phase II trial.

We are in conversation with the sponsor about an expanded access program for TDM-1. While we applaud the company’s desire to make sure that those who might benefit have access to the drug, we are very concerned that the company intends to use what they are calling the “Expanded Access Study” as a substitute for a Phase III trial.

The Expanded Access program will not provide Phase III data. The FDA must insist on sufficient randomized results before approving TDM-1 for the market,

Sincerely,

Barbara A. Brenner
Executive Director

Note: As a matter of policy, in order to avoid the fact or appearance of a conflict of interest, Breast Cancer Action does not accept funding from Genentech or from any other pharmaceutical or biotech company."

alternative chemo 5/05-7/05, rad 8/05-10/05
7/06 dx mets to vertebrae, pelvis & chest lymph nodes
8/06 - 10/06 tamoxifen, herceptin, oophorectomy & zometa
11/06 PET/CT showed continued bone mets, new spot on liver
12/06 began taxotere/herceptin 1x/3 weeks,
2/07 - 2-08 NED!
3/08 progression, start taxol/herceptin weekly, monthly zometa
8/08 start ai & herceptin
12/08 - progression, start weekly navelbine/herceptin thru 6/09 & monthly zometa
7/09 - PET/CT showed improvement in spine, but 2-3 lymph nodes in chest became active
9/09 - 11/09 - weekly abraxane/herceptin
12/09 - PET/CT - chest lymph nodes resolved, progression in spine & pelvis
2/10 - 6/10 - start tykerb/xeloda, progession in spine & pelvis
7/10 - start taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin

VirginiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
schoonder

The FDA was fully justified in their ruling to issue a Refuse to File (RTF) letter re T-DM1. When questioned they surely will be able to identify directive(s) that support that decision. But therein lies the problem, what happens if particular directive(s) have flaws, are outdated, lack specificity, fail to take into account technological advances, or even more important, don't reflect the spirit of FDA's mandate?
Here we have an instance where FDA ruled that trial was incomplete because candidates that partook in this evaluation were not subjected to all possible metastatic breast cancer (MBC) remedies approved for this disease. Let's not deny that outcome of this scrutiny by FDA of patient population is factual; indeed not all available MBC treatment options were accounted for. However,let's look at the other side of the coin, are there mitigating reasons why Genentech decided not to include this missing collection of infrequently prescribed, low in its effectiveness, yet highly toxic medication as part of their trial? The answer of course is a resounding YES:
This trial was all about finding new options for “HER2- positive” women whose breast cancer progressed while on Herceptin or Tykerb, in third-line or greater setting, for which today there are no standard treatments or guidelines. FDA was fully aware of trial’s intent to address an unmet medical need strictly for “HER2-positive” patients, a small subset of overall MBC population. This study included patients that had failed on average seven (range of 3-13) regimens including both Herceptin and Tykerb which are known to work best in HER2-positive breast cancer. Not all regimens were accounted for, but the most predominant, most meaningful, most effective and all these therapies were no longer therapeutic.
One can only surmise that Genentech ruled in favor of the most immediate and timely considerations to bring what they observed to be an astonishingly effective, targeted drug to Her2-positive patients who were so desperately in need of new, viable treatment options. This urgency to save lives, led them to stop their time consuming, probably inconsequential and wasteful search to find further candidates that had been medicated with these for Her2-positive MBC rarely prescribed, ineffective therapies. As the Biologics License Application (BLA) Priority Review filing based on just phase II results strongly suggests, time considerations to market what promises to be a very effective drug was a strong driving force behind Genentech's motivation.
FDA’s uncompromising position to refuse to accept this filing based on a minor technicality, most likely brought on by shortcomings in their directive(s) dealing with newly “targeted” drugs like T-DM1, that are designed specifically for a small, Her2-positive overexpressing MBC patient population, is not only incomprehensible, but it is totally unacceptable. The consequence of this ruling, which appears to delay T-DM1’s approval process by at least two years, were instantaneous, the hope for a possible effective treatment option went poof, it disappeared into thin air and ultimately, it will result in premature demise for many an ill Her2-positive MBC patient.
Yes, this was such harsh and inappropriate ruling by FDA.

Last edited by schoonder; 09-09-2010 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: correction
schoonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #46
chrisy

Very well articulated. One factual error I think. Recheck the number of failed therapies. I think it was AVERAGE of seven with range of 3-13!

Add a call to action to reconsider the needs of the patients who tdm1 was made for and sent THAT to the FDA (All parties onn my earlier list) and their congressional counterparts
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure

Last edited by chrisy; 09-08-2010 at 02:27 PM..
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #47
ElaineM

I called Genetech to try to get information today. The person I talked to told me they have not canceled the extended access program for T DM1 yet. They still have 9 sites open and are still planning to set up more. He also told me the phase 3 Emila study is still in operation. Other her2 studies involving Herceptin and/orTDM 1 such as the TDM4450g, MARIANNE, and the CLEOPATRA are still active.
I asked for more information and was directed to someone else. That person directed me to the Genetech website (www.gene.com) and suggested I look in the media section regularly for updates. I followed her directions.
The latest press release can be found at
http://www.gene.com/gene/news/press-...etail&id=12947
I think it is a good idea to check for press releases regularly.
http://www.gene.com/gene/news/index....btn=Web+Search
14 Year Survivor

Last edited by ElaineM; 09-08-2010 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #48
Patb

Thank all of you for your work on this matter. I know
little about it but am willing to help send e-mails, etc.
because my dear friend stage IV was declared all
tumors gone today at the Indiannapolis trials. She
is elated. They will contine the treatment for awhile.
Her lungs and nodes were clear.
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #49
schoonder

Thanks Chrisy for pointing out that it was an AVERAGE of 7 prior treatments ranging from 3-13, subject post has been corrected.
Note of interest, compilation of T-DM1 data Genentech is looking at continuous to be promising and must have convinced them to broaden their attack on Her2-positive cancer. A new multinational trial in both adjuvant and neo-adjuvant settings is about to get underway, more details can be found in the clinicaltrials.gov registry.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #50
Chelee

I posted to this thread & lost it. Ugh! Too late to start over now..have an early morning appt with onc/Herceptin.
But I want to keep this thread up at the top...it's such an important issue we have to stay on top of. I'm so impressed with all of you. Lots of great idea's you have all come up with.
I plan on writing my letter this wk...then figure out which places to send it too. Like Elaine asked...are we going to write up a petition for all to sign on top of these other ideas?

We need to be heard...and with what I've read here so far I think we can make it happen.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #51
ElaineM

Can something be done on You Tube? Any volunteers?
I can put a link to any petition we may want to start on my website.
14 Year Survivor
Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #52
Emelie B

Did we get a petition drafted yet? Elaine-that is a great idea. How can we get this done?
Let me know what I can do and I will be glad to help.
March 2007-MRM with 8 of 14 lymph node involvement
May 2007-36 Rads
Sept. 2007- Stopped Herceptin
Jan. 2010- CT scan shows enlarged lymph nodes in sternum and lung involvement
Feb. 2010-PET scan shows mets to liver, lung, lymph nodes and bone
Feb. 2010- Started Herceptin/Taxol and Zometa
April 2010-PET scan clear. Herceptin and Zometa
June 2010- Stopped Herceptin continue Zometa and still NED
August 2010-Back on Herceptin and Zometa every 3 weeks
August 13, 2010- Had another port placed
August 24, 2010- PET scan clear. Herceptin and Zometa every three weeks
Nov. 2010-PET scan clear
Feb. 2011-Brain MRI clear
March 2011- PET scan clear
May 2011- PET scan clear
Sept. 2011- PET, Mammo, Bone Scan all clear- Herceptin only
March 2012-Recurrence in lungs and tumor around pota hepatis artery. Added Navelbine to herceptin
April 2012- Entered palliative care
June 5, 2012-Entered hospice care
Planning my memorial
Emelie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #53
Chelee

Elaine...I never thought of You Tube...another good avenue to use. I really don't want any of us here to drop the ball on this one. We need to strike asap. My onc had not even heard about this, but did say we should be pro-active and jump on it. I told her that's what were doing. We want to get our voices heard.

So as one big part of this are we going to draft a petition and have everyone sign it? I know we could get alot of signatures for this with no problems. So many good idea's here...so what should we all be doing now that will have the most affect?

There are so many of us that don't have that option of waiting till 2012 or worse yet 2013. Any other great idea's pls throw them out here. If Joe was here he would be all over this...so lets make him proud of us. That's a big part of why he and Christine built this board. So lets get it done...I know we can. This is too important not to give it our best shot.

Chelee
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #54
ElaineM

I agree about the petition. I think Chrisy was going to ask Christine about it. There is a site where anyone can start a petition. I think I put a link to it somewhere in this thread. I will try to look for it over ther weekend.
Is anyone up to doing a You Tube project?
14 Year Survivor

Last edited by ElaineM; 09-17-2010 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #55
ElaineM

As promised here is the link to the petition site for anyone who wants to start a petition about the recent FDA decision about the T DM1. I am not the one to start a petition, because I prefer not to disclose my health problems to some family members, friends, co workers and associates. I have only shared my health problems with a small group of people who will keep it confidential. This has worked well for me for almost 12 years.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create.html
You Tube, interviews, news articles, or media appearances are better left to those who don't mind going public about their health problems. I prefer behind the scenes kind of activities like research etc.
I still want everyone who is eligible for T DM1 to receive it in a timely manner. It is one of my greatest wishes, because it is such a promising drug.
14 Year Survivor

Last edited by ElaineM; 09-18-2010 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: correction, additions
Old 09-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #56
schoonder

Quote from interesting article
"Critics say that science behind some medications has eclipsed old rules — and ethics — of testing them"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39253556...new_york_times
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #57
Trish

Thank you for all the work you are doing to get the TDM-1 decision reversed. My liver mets progressed on both Herceptin and Tykerb after initial positive responses (despite liver mets growing and sky high tumour markers I feel ridiculously healthy) so was really disappointed about the recent FDA decision. I live in Australia and Genentech won't apply to our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme until they get FDA approval. Hence my gratitude for the work you are doing. I am so frustrated by the one size fits all mentality. I hope Personalised Medicine is gaining ground (I see there is a big conference at Harvard Medical School on November) and just hope it can have some influence on bodies such as FDA and PBS here in Aust.
I will keep racking my brains about anything I can do from here.
I find it so sad to see the excited post from Joe about the expanded access for TDM-1. He tried so hard for us and I am ever grateful.
Trish
Trish
5/2006
oopherectomy, Arimedex
12/2006
liver mets largest 9cm
1/2007
Herceptin,
3/2007
Taxol + Herc
1/2008
Herc alone
4/2008
Multiple bone mets,Zometa
7/2008
Herc + Gemcitabine
8/2008
Herc+Navelbine/vinoralbine
10/2008
Herc+Carboplatin+Taxol
12/2008
Tykerb+Xeloda
2/2010
Herceptin + trial drug
5/2010
Herceptin+Tykerb
8/2010
Tykerb+Abraxane
9/2010
Abraxane
12/2010
Abraxane+Tyk+Herc
4/2011
Tyk+Herc+Femara
6/2011
Liver and bone mets prog.Abraxane continue Herceptin,Tykerb,Femara and Zometa
8/2011
Probable liver progression and increased neuropathy. Xeloda with Tyk+Herc. Zometa 6 weekly.
9/2011
Liver progression,TM +++. Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate metro Herc Zometa
10/2011 liver mets prog.Herc, 3 Tykerb +2mg decodron daily,Zometa
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 AM   #58
Chelee

Trish,
I so agree with your comments about Joe and his post. I can't help but think of him every single day! If he was here he would be ALL OVER this T-DM1 battle for us...he had the connections and would of known exactly who to talk too.. and what we all should be doing. So many of us were depending on TDM1. I just get angry when I think about how we are denied access to TDM1. It makes no sense at all to have us run through toxic chemo's before we can have a targeted therapy. Are we still going to do something about this TDM1 issue? I know it's so hard when many of us are seeing doctors, doing chemo and trying to keep up with all life hands us...but I hope some how we can make a difference for the sake of so many that need this drug now...or will in the very near future.

Schoonder,
Great link...it says it all. Thanks for sharing that.

Chelee
Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #59
schoonder

To know Super-Herceptin, a very effective Her2+ MBC drug exists, but won't be made available for approx. 3 years because of some technicality that probably has no real bearing on drug's therapeutic activity, that ranks right up there with cruel and unusual punishment (Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution) for the effected patient population.
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/healthcare/119305-a-plea-to-the-fda
http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=World News with Diane Sawyer
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/eveningnews/main15218.shtml
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32359544/
Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #60
Sheila

As far as a "campaign" slogan for us to base our voices on...I know when I tried to get TYKERB, and kept getting denied, I finally wrote my own appeal, and titled it
I AM DYING TO TRY THIS DRUG

It got their attention, unfortunately, by the time I got it, things had progressed and it didnt offer the punch we had hoped for.

They now have the TDM-1 where I go for early access....I was one of the first to be able to get it...waiting in the wings with the Metronomic chemo.

I went Tuesday for treatment, and here is what happened:
They have it where I go for treatment now in Chicago. I have been waiting, and since i now have progression in my neck nodes yet again, causing left facial numbness, thought my prayers had been answered. But, I was sent for a MUGA, and it shows 39%...spent all day yesterday at the cardiologist, echo cardiagram...will find out today...as of right now i have been taken off everything, Herceptin, chemo, etc.....maybe some fairy dust and hocus pocus will be my new treatment. Waiting to hear from the Dr today. Sometimes it seems like I just cant catch a break! I was diagnosed too early for Herceptin adjuvant, and now after 7 years of Herceptin and various chemos, the muga is too low for TDM-1...

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote