HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #101
Ginagce

I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't know you beyond reading your postings and being in awe of both you and Linda and your passionate fight. I do however know some of the journey you and she have been on.

I too had the privelege of bringing my husband home with hospice when he was dying of cancer. And I agree, it is a gift.

To this day, the most important thing I have ever done in my life was to be my husband's caregiver. I take great comfort in knowing that he knew how supported and cared for he was and that he was able to die in his own bed, surrounded by those who loved him most.

I hope you too find some comfort in this.

And thank you for sharing the picture of your wife. Quite a beautiful woman.

God bless you and keep you through your journey of grief now.

Ginagce
Ginagce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #102
Stephanie

Al,

Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry.

Stephanie
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #103
mts

Al,

Please know I am thinking of you and your family. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to "know" you and Linda through this wonderful website. I like to think that when we die we become the energy of things that surround us...the wind, the warmth of the sun and even the quiet silence of night.

God bless,

Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #104
al from Canada

Dear chemo angels and friends,

I can't believe the responses and support for my family and myself since Linda's passing. I just want to pass on what we are doing to support BC survivors and their families.

We are donating 6+ portable DVD players plus a library of 60+ (feel good) DVD's to the long-term care oncology wing of out local hospital for patients, caregivers and friends to sign-out.

As well, I am mobilizing some of my clients to contribute to building a "resource centre" at out local hospital for cancer patients and their families. Believe it or not, our local hospital doesn't have one. It is my hope that it will be called the "Linda S. Cancer Resourse centre".

Beating cancer is all about information and I hope that this will be Linda's contribution to the irradication of this evil disease.

Thanks again,
Al
Old 05-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #105
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Smile kat in the delta

Al,
The info. center @ hospital sounds wonderful!!!! You are such a good + thoughtful person. God bless you always,kat
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #106
Valerie

I am so sorry for your loss. Your posts have really helped me, and I know the donation to the hospital will help many other people also.
In my prayers, Valerie
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #107
rinaina

condolences

Please accept a relatively newbie's heartfelt condolences. What a special family I am glad to have become a little familiar with through postings. May you find comfort in some way through your supportive famiy and friends and know what a difference you and Linda made on this forum.
Rina
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #108
BubblesMom

Dear Al,

You replied to one of my very first postings on this board. I remember thinking how kind and considerate you were. All from a few sentences! What a blessing you and Linda were to each other.

Being able to say good-bye to our loved one in the warmth and security of home provides priceless memories for all of the family, forever. When my mother was in the last stages of her fight, my father took care of her at home. She continued to give us directions and guidance as to how the program for her going home celebration should be laid out, what personal affects should be given to whom, etc. Being surrounded by family and the security of her own home bolstered her spirits. To this day, I can smile through my tears at those memories. How thankful I am to have been there with her and share some last laughs and expressions of mutual love and affection.

Al, I take my hat off to men like you and my father who love, honor and cherish in ways that overwhem the heart.

May God heal your heart and continue to provide you with the awesome strength you have continuously displayed.

Sincerely, Denise
IDC Node+(2) ER/PR- Her2+++
Stage II / Grade III
4AC / 4Taxol (dose dense)
33Rad (Finished 9/7/05 YEA!!)
1 yr Herceptin (Finished 9/06)
Found lump...same breast (4/09)
BubblesMom is offline   Reply With Quote