HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #81
RobinP

Talking about relapse rates for her2, has anyone noticed that the San Antonio Breast Cancer webstie has an abstract on RELAPSE RATES?It is in 2006 Poster Session 2 , called the Pxxr ( xx-yes I hate to type this word, so I didn't ) 10 year relapse rate for her2 T1N0 breast cancer. I definately will be checking this abstract out come Dec. when it is released.

PS, I would hope and assume that the pxxr prognosis is based on a population that did not have Herceptin and/or chemo.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #82
gin-tx

Relapse rates

Please keep me informed of this information. I'm very interested as I was only diagnosed about 6 months ago with Her2, I had plain BC 10 yrs ago. This was a real shock to my entire family but the diagnosis were totally different, this much more aggressive.

hugs,

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #83
Becky

Robin

I am going to San Antonio and I will definitely view this poster (I will view everything that is Her2 or triple negative). It probably does refer to women who did not have chemo.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #84
RobinP

Yeah Becky, I was hoping that you would be going to the conference. Thanks for all you do at these meetings for us. We really appreciate and use the information that you feed back to everyone. I hope to get to one of the San Antonios myself sometime as a stow away with my husband who is a MD- general internist.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #85
CherylS

Oh Yes, Yeah!!!! Becky Is Going!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #86
Hopeful

If this poster is providing 10 years' worth of information, it is probably a retrospective study of some kind. So far as I know, Her2 wasn't a standard test in the early '90's; treatment decisions were not made in early stage bc based on this diagnosis. Older forms of chemo, no AI's, no Herceptin - given all that, I would expect the relapse numbers to be p**r.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #87
RobinP

The real question here is exactly what is the definition of pxxr? That's what I will be looking at in Dec. Probably, the relapse risk is higher than they would expect for T1N0 , but I bet there is still a significant amount that do not relapse by ten year. At least this is what I hope. Also, I hope they break down the T1 into T1a, T12, T13 since each has a difference in tumor size and probably capacity to spread.We'll see.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #88
Hopeful

Robin P, you have hit the nail on the head - what does p**r mean? The highest chance of recurrence even the Oncotype test gives for T1NOMO is 34%, which is far from 100%. It is something like one in three, which is still two to one odds against recurrence. I am more intriuged by the EBCTCG data showing that ER+ have a long and steady relapse rate, so that has to figure in as well as size. I join you in being . . .

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote