HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
jeff

eric? Other Jersey people?

Hey all,

I haven't posted for awhile but read every day...

Anyway, my Mom, in the Rockaway, NJ area has just been dxed with "papillary carcinoma in situ" through an excisional biopsy. She had one surgery, which took a surprising toll on her and the margins were not clear enough for her surgeon, who wants to cut again. I want her to slow down and see a medical oncologist. Will you email me if you have good folks in Morristown or elsewhere? Thanks!

Jeff
melnick@babson.edu
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
eric

Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear that you now have to go through this with your mom! I can highly recommend the group that Caryn goes to in New Brunswick but is that to far for her? If it is I know someone that can easily get me a name of an excellent group more north (like Morristown). I'll get a few names and email to you over the next couple of days.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
Joe
Webmaster

Jeff,

Sr. Barnabas in Livingston has an excellent reputation. Dr. Richard Michaelson who is on our advisory board is head of the Oncology department there. Also practicing is Dr. Elise Santoro, a surgeon, who has a stellar reputation.

Regards
Joe (Ex Wayne, NJ)

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
Becky

Dear Eric

At Morristown General (Carol Simon Cancer Center) there is Dr. Stephan Adler and Dr. Fazel Bari (who many of my friends use) are great.

I go to Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center in Flemington and use Dr. Myron Bednar (exceptional). At Sloane in Denville, I highly recommend Dr. Roshini George.

Kindest regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
eric

Jeff

Got 2 names for you...

Caryn's Onc (Salwitz) strongly recommended Dr Papish and anyone else in his group in Morristown Cancer Center (973-538-5210). He said that they're close colleagues and that you can feel comfortable using his name if you like.

The 2nd name came from a friends mom who works in a Morristown dr's office. All of the dr's in this practice feel that the top dog in both Morristown Memorial and Saint Clare's is Dr. Rashid Abbasi. He is located on Rt 46 in Mt. Lakes, which is very close to Rockaway. His phone number is 973-316-1701.

Please feel free to email me if you need anything additional.

Hope your mom's doing ok as well as you and Rachel.

Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
jeff

thanks!

I'm just back from a week at LBI (you Jersey folks will know what I'm talking about!) and incredibly grateful to find all your wonderful help...I'll pass these names along to my Mom--who also really appreciates your caring support.

Best,
Jeff
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
Lisa1962

I just spent a week at LBI myself! I want more shrimp from Pinky's and fudge from Country Kettle and fish from Beach Haven Fishery.....

ahem - back to the topic at hand

I go to a breast cancer support group at Morristown Hospital - the staff there is great according to the women I have talked to at the support group. I've met the social worker and one of the Nurses there - both are wonderful and helpful. The hospital itself offers all sorts of interesting programs for oncology patients - and you don't even have to go to that hospital. My doctors are a part of Overlook hospital in Summit - but I attend the support group at Morristown
Lisa1962 is offline   Reply With Quote