HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
ScotGirl

Herceptin and Detox (Far Infrared Sauna)

Hello, this is my 1st post. Apologies for fact that it's a repeat of an older thread but there wasn't much response to it.
I was diagnosed with oestrogen positive bc earlier this year , have had 2 rounds of FEC and now 2 (of 4) of Herceptin with Taxotere. I've been wanting to do as much as possible to counter the side effects of my treatment but without reducing its effectiveness . From what I had read the half life of the drugs in FEC is quite short and as I already had a Far Infrared Sauna for my arthritis -which is absolutely fine after hip replacements- I reckoned that it would be ok to start using the sauna a couple of days after each treatment . So when I started FEC I asked my oncologist if I could carry on using the FIR Sauna. He was a bit non-commital, I don't think he had heard of them but said yes as I was already using it. However I've just read that Herceptin half life is weeks not days. I'm groping my way in the dark here but to me that sounds as though it doesn't just stay in your body but actually continues to work during that time . I wouldn't wan't to hinder that by trying to flush it out too soon so I've not used the sauna since my last treatment a few days ago. I'm seeing my oncologist in a couple of weeks and will ask him about this then but I would be really grateful to know if anyone else has experience of this as using the sauna has been one of the things helping me to feel not totally out of control and I would really like to be able to use it if I can. Thanks
ScotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detox, far infrared, half life, herceptin, sauna