HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
jessica

To Tykerb...or not to Tykerb...

Hi All~
Jessica here, joining you at this "To Tykerb or not" crossroads. I feel so fortunate to have your experience & guidance, but would appreciate more of your insight...
I just had a my regular q12week PET scan last Thursday. On Friday I spoke w/the PA & she told me that the scan was "overall unremarkable" (which sounds like an insult, but really is a GOOD thing), but there were questionable findings that we'd need to discuss.
Here's what she said they found:
1)a couple of lung nodules that have waxed & waned from scan to scan. we've wrestled with these previously, but never biopsied them b/c they're so inconsistent.
2)a supraclavicular node on the side of my mastec & recon, but I can't palapate anything. I'm just 10weeks ago post op, so it could be post-op reactivity?
3)a node in my abdomen showing activity
BUT
4)MY LIVER is JUST FINE! (That was my greatest concern since historically my liver's been the troublesome area.) I had a liver resection a year ago & want to VIGILANTLY protect NED & my new L LOBE -& ofcourse, the rest of me too!

That's really all I know for now. I'm meeting w/my onc on Thursday to discuss how to proceed.
Currently, the question is, do we add chemo to my q3week Herceptin or watch, wait & re-scan in 8 weeks?
I asked about adding Tykerb, but she said currently they're just using it w/women who've become Herceptin resistant.
I told her I would jump on-line here and get the consensus from all of you - the folks who are 'in the know.' She said she's looking forward to hearing from me what I've learned from all of you & how Tykerb's being used.

Ugh! All I know is I'm NOT losing my hair AGAIN for the 4th time in 5 years over a couple of funny nodes & some waxing/waning lung nodules!!
I've just begun searching around on line, getting more info on Tykerb, how it's used, but wanted to start here.

Thanks so much in advance for you insight, opinions, experience.

Keeping the Faith~

Jessica
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote