HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Unregistered

supplements

Hi all,
I have severe pain in, hip, knee,leg and elbow. Wondering if this is due to all the chemos I have endured. Dx IDC 6/05 at age 46 (premenopausal), Stage 1 with 2 masses, both er-pr- and her2+++. Had 4 A/C treatments, 12 Taxol and herceptin to equal 1 year should end in Dec 06. Rads daily for 26 days. Had neuropathy with taxol and having weird sensations possibly from herceptin. A sortof rash that is very itchy on my wrists, one knee and behind the other knee. Onc wonders if it is from the herceptin.
I have just started taking calcuium supplement 2 x day to aid in reducing bone loss, multivitamin which onc states has enough magnesim in it. Have been taking CoQ10 after reading about it on this board and having a low muga score delaying my start on herceptin.
Onc also stated I should take MSM & Gulcosamine for the joint and leg pain. Wondering if this is ok to take and any suggestions as to what I should add? and how can I find out about a meditarean diet?
Thanks for the help
Old 07-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Moni

Mediterranean Diet

Hello,

here's a link that should give you some info regarding this diet. I think the main topic is olive oil, seafood, little to no red meat, veggies, etc.

http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4644

This link is from the American Heart Association. Hope it helps you. As to the other questions I am still trying to find that out for a friend of mine. She has definitely difficulties with joint and muscle pain, everything tasting strange, tingly feeling in arms and legs, etc but we're trying to get it in control.

Good luck and God bless,
Moni
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
R.B.

You may like to look at the posts on omega three and six. They and their proportions are essential to many body functions.

The thread on Herceptin and Arimidex seemed to suggest that those taking significant levels of fish oil supplementation were not reporting problems - but that is only an impression which cannot be considered as any sort of proof.

This is a link for the Greek diet which I am guessing became referred to as the Mediteranean Diet. The post and links explain.

Further searches can be made by clicking on the search link above and entering your search terms.

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ght=greek+diet

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
Bev

Hi all,

Nurses told me to take B-6 during taxol to prevent the neuropathy and worked for me. I don't know if it'll work after the fact. Look up Gina Popp under the member's list. She had some interesting diet ideas. Good luck, BB.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
Lisa

Like Bev, I took B6 during Taxol, but added Glucosamine. It helped the neuropathy. And from I've experienced, Herceptin would not bring on any symptoms, other than sinus issues. I've been on it now constantly for 3 years.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote