HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #61
ANelson

Re: TDM-1 side effects

I will be receiving my third dose of TDM1 tomorrow. I receive it every three weeks. So far the first two infusions did bring my platelets down. Had to have a blood transfusion after the second dose. I have experienced severe headaches after each infusion which I now take a low dose steroid and they are usually gone by the third day post infusion. I have had to have a periencentisis done two weeks ago as I was retaining too much fluid which has messed up my digestive system since that time. My abdomen and liver have been swollen, however this is the first week that the swelling has reduced. I'm thinking it may be working. Other than that I have good days and not so good days.

Angie
April 2012 stopped Abraxaine, Herceptin only every three weeks. (liver and breast tumors shrank considerably but not NED)
June 2012 CT scan showed enlarged axillary lymph node not responding. Biopsy of node revealed same cancer. Surgeon recommended breast MRI. MRI revealed new area in left breast 6mm. Breast biopsy revealed same cancer. Surgeon not sure if we should do surgery.
7/29/12 CT scan to see if spreading anywhere else. Awaiting results to determine plan of care. Will meet with oncologist 8/7/12
8/7/12 no progression in liver. No evidence of disease anywhere else. Dr recommending TDM1 trial in Nashville. Waiting.
9/18/12 Began TDM1 in Nashville. Hopeful!!
ANelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #62
radiant

Thank you Angie!

I've had horrible swelling as well. Dr hadn't
heard of that before either. Scary really.

I'm on my 3rd dose as well, and much less
swelling. But, my labs suck. I'm scared for
sure!

Kim
2008 - on Arimidex/Herceptin - stable lymph node.
2009 - stable on Arimidex/Herceptin
2010 - lymph node progression and liver mets.
2010 - went on Gemzar, Navelbine, Herceptin - Navelbine and Herceptin took liver mets down. lymph node slightly progressed.
2010 - did Xeloda & Tykerb - MAJOR progression in liver in only 6 weeks.
Dec 2010 - present - Ixempra/Avastin/Herceptin/Fasoldex - regressing
June 2012 - chemo break
Sept 19, 2012 - start t-dm1. Chose this over going back on Ixempra.
radiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #63
Pray

I'm praying for all of you ladies. Gods blessings to all of you.

Your friend,

Nancy
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #64
phil

Stable is good, Lorraine didnt get scanned until after 3 doses, had 3 out of 7 liver tumors gone. But her cancer was always around liver, and had been very aggressively treated all 6 yrs. some chemo every month. As the saying goes " Individual responses will vary " . that was jan 2011. got 7 doses at 3.6 , but plats did drop and each rebound was lower than before. so she reduced to 3.0 by later that Spring. got sepsis in April, almost dropped from eap. went 9 wks w/o tx .back on 3.0 by June. regularly every 3 weeks since. 1 tumor left Sept 2011. nov 2011 all gone , and invisible cancer squeezing right kidney ureter, bile duct gone too ! stents out ( which caused sepsis, if u have fever 100.5 dont wait like we did go to er, could have avoided sepsis ). If your plats drop and dont rebound , L.s went fro 223,000 to about 90,000 by 5 doses at 3.6, start support like we do w/ sharks liver oil, top quality fatty bone in steak ( not filet ), roast beef, lots ofgreens like kale, spinach , sweet potato, , lots of fruits, strawbwerries, blub, fresh pineapple, nuts . Its a kind of cavewoman diet . Some call it " neo-paleo " diet. God Bless, Good luck, soon will be approved ( before Christmas ? ) and give flexibilty
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #65
ANelson

Kim
When I met with my doctor on Thursday for my infusion they said that the swelling in my liver and abdomen is a response to the treatment. I also experienced swelling when I was on herceptin and Abraxaine. The swelling has gone down significantly on this third round. Feel like I have lost 10 pounds between loosing all the fluid and reduction in swelling. My liver enzymes are we're also high prior to his infusion, but always seem to go down by the next week when they take my labs again.
My side effects this time were dry mouth and fatigue on Friday. They have to give me pretty strong premeds before the infusion because i am allergic to herceptin. I have been sleeping since Thursday. Today I woke up with a backache and a mild headache. I am trying to resist taking the steroids as they really do a number on me. The doctor said if headaches get worse to take some. All in all the side effects have been better so far on this third infusion. The doctor also stressed to eat more protein as it ill improve swelling and energy level.

Angie
April 2012 stopped Abraxaine, Herceptin only every three weeks. (liver and breast tumors shrank considerably but not NED)
June 2012 CT scan showed enlarged axillary lymph node not responding. Biopsy of node revealed same cancer. Surgeon recommended breast MRI. MRI revealed new area in left breast 6mm. Breast biopsy revealed same cancer. Surgeon not sure if we should do surgery.
7/29/12 CT scan to see if spreading anywhere else. Awaiting results to determine plan of care. Will meet with oncologist 8/7/12
8/7/12 no progression in liver. No evidence of disease anywhere else. Dr recommending TDM1 trial in Nashville. Waiting.
9/18/12 Began TDM1 in Nashville. Hopeful!!
ANelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #66
Mandamoo

This third infusion has been a bit rougher with fatigue and nausea but I'm ok apart from headache and joint pain today.

Phil - do you know of any successful stories with lung mets? The trial team have told me that they are seeing slower response in lung mets than liver mets and that the lung mets seem to respond slower. Fortunately all patients so far are still on trial and only one of the 6 prior to me was stable, the other 4 had all had at least a partial response and the longest participant is now NED after 12 months of slow regression.

My platelets have been higher on tdm1 than they were on tykerb and xeloda - so far no hits with my bloods - hoping it stays that way and also keeps working. My markers have never been reliable for me so they are not an indicator unfortunately.
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #67
Nancy L

My tumor markers have stayed the same for eight years and I really would love to understand medically why they believe they work for some and not for others. They still run them every three months even though they don't work for me. I can only conclude it is because they can bill the insurance for it.

It would be very interesting to see which types of mets are responding best to T-DM1. Even better to know why. I have never seen this kind of info for any of the chemos. The only person I know on this site who is similar to me is our dear Sheila and T-DM1 didn't work for her. The only logical explanation for me, if you believe what they say about how the drug works, is that the tumor characteristics have changed regarding her2 or multiple types of BC disease is going on. It is a puzzle I wish they could solve.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #68
phil

I have heard of lung mets being knocked out by t dm-1. I didn't mean to sound flippant when i said " Ind results may vary " above, of course we allwant NED. But each response is different, Lorraines took awhile , a yr to get to NED. I think they will find subgroups w/in her2 that respond more strongly to certain chemos, t dm-1 for one. and pert. Look at darlene gants amazing response to pert alone . Another factor may be prior aggr. tx to keep cancer as contained as possible, never giving it abreak , so t dm-1 has smaller target. just want appr for t dm-1 , and full appr for pert , so they can be combined , flex tx schedule , dose , etc. A few pts have stopped t dm-1 and still seem to have a+ after -effect, w/ other combos like herc/tykerb or herc /nav maintaining gains t dm-1 started. maybe pert will also help.
By the way, " blub " in diet recommendations above means fresh blueberries.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #69
Nancy L

I believe heavy pretreatment prior to T-DM1 may explain some of these different responses.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #70
Mandamoo

Nancy - on reading the Emilia results (I think or it may have been one of the phase two trials) the treatment group were heavily pretreated with a median of 7 prior therapies and still got a significant response. I think that was one reasons for much of the excitement. I guess all of our cancers are subtly different too. I'm keeping on - stable is a good result and I felt good yesterday at only day 4.
I hope you are doing ok Nancy and Angie. xx
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.

February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #71
radiant

Angie!

Thank-you SO much for your message. I'm so glad the swelling is going down for you! I'm better swelling wise on 3rd infusion - and fatigue is bad for me as well! I did not get swelling on Abraxene - but it was a good chemo for me. I did not fail it - just went off after no change.

Anyways, thanks again - fingers crossed this is working for us.

Hugs,

Kim
2008 - on Arimidex/Herceptin - stable lymph node.
2009 - stable on Arimidex/Herceptin
2010 - lymph node progression and liver mets.
2010 - went on Gemzar, Navelbine, Herceptin - Navelbine and Herceptin took liver mets down. lymph node slightly progressed.
2010 - did Xeloda & Tykerb - MAJOR progression in liver in only 6 weeks.
Dec 2010 - present - Ixempra/Avastin/Herceptin/Fasoldex - regressing
June 2012 - chemo break
Sept 19, 2012 - start t-dm1. Chose this over going back on Ixempra.
radiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #72
waterdreamer

I will be doing my 25th cycle of TDM-1 next week. My side effects are elevated liver enzymes, low platelets and for some reason, it seems to be causing issues with my lungs. I have inflammation in my lungs. We lowered the dose to 3.0 (only one dose reduction is allowed) and my lungs seem to be holding steady. Originally, I had mets to lungs, brain and bones. The lungs cleared really quickly with taxotere and herceptin, and the bones have been slower to respond. Some times it is hard to tell what is going on with the bones. I have a stable lytic lesion in T2 vertebae, and my first left rib. Otherwise, I am doing really well. Sometimes I have nausea, fatigue and extra long periods, but those are about the main issues. I stay away from all dairy, and I think this helps, but who knows?
Nov 2009 Mets to lungs and bones.
Dec 2009 Start Taxotere and Herceptin, T1, T3 heal completely and lungs are clear, T2 and first rib have lytic lesions. First rib becomes sclerotic. Considered stable.
May 2011, Onc calls progression and I cross over from comparison arm of clinical trial to TDM-1
Brain scan in Sept 2011 showed small tumor in right cerebellum, did Novalis radiation.

Feb 2013 < 1cm tumor in left frontal lobe. Did Novalis in March and latest scan shows no sign of brain metastasis.
Aug 2013 did 36th round of TDM-1 Due to TDM-1 side effects, shortness of breath, and difficulty getting my balance when getting out of bed, agreed with my oncologist to stop TDM-1.
Took a six week break, bone scan showed small uptake on left first rib. CT showed hypodensities in liver (too small to biopsy) and small nodule in lungs (mediastinal).
Started Navelbine weekly. Did one round with Herceptin.
Skipped next 2 rounds, due to neutropenia. Next chemo 7th Nov - have had 3 Neupogen shots, so WBC should look better... Did not tolerate Navelbine well.
December 2013 scans show no sign of active cancer.
March 2014 - currently only on Herceptin - brain MRI clear, PET/CT two nodules in right lung show uptake
May 2014 - stop Herceptin.
Sept 22, 2014 Brain MRI clear :) PET/CT Progression in lungs.
Sept 2014, Xeloda, Tykerb and Herceptin.
Nov 2014 - Decide to take a break from all treatment.
May 2015 - Brain met radiated with Novalis
July 2015 - Have progression in right lung.
Sept 2015 - Perjeta and Herceptin alone after a 9 month break from all treatment.
Nov 2015 - Thoracentesis 1500ml removed from right lung.
Dec 2015 - Two tiny 1mm brain mets radiated in right cerebellum.
Feb 2016 - Thoracentesis 2200ml drained from right lung
Feb 2016 - Stopped Perjeta and Herceptin and started back on Kadcyla as I had no previous progression on it. After 1 cycle of Kadcyla markers begin to drop. On second cycle add Keytruda.
March 2016 - Thoracentesis 1650ml drained from right lung.
April 2016 – Thoracentesis 1500 ml drained from right lung.
June 2016 – CT scan shows progression in right lung, as well as moderate pleural effusion requiring Thoracentesis.
June 2016 – Decide to stop Keytruda, and will do chemosensitivity test through Rational Therapeutics. Plan to continue on Kadcyla for next two cycles.
July 2016 - Start weekly Abraxane with Herceptin. WBRT with hippocampal sparing, Taking Namenda. 15 sessions over 3 weeks.
Aug - Dec 2016 - 2 infusions of Navelbine, very hard on my body and still dealing with anasarca (generalized edema) 1 infusion of Havalen
My doctor wants to put me on hospice.
Dec 23rd 2016 - I am granted compassionate use of Neratanib.
May 31st 2017 - still on Neratinib, feeling good.
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #73
phil

so good to hear from you ! so glad you are still getting t dm-1 ! Lorraine is 2 years on t dm-1 this week , doing great ! 28 doses , 21 at 3.0. Lorraines exp access allows one more reduction to 2.4. we are trying to avoid that, as we dont know if theres any cancer lurking. even tho ned for a yr now. plats are L.s issue, about every 4th dose she has to wait 4 weeks for plats to make 75,000, which is new limit in her roll-over study. we would like to get an exception for tx every 4 weeks at 3.0 , but havent asked yet. the plat support we have talked about before seems to definitely help - sharks liver oil, kale , red meat etc. why do you avoid dairy ?? Again , so glad your doing well- appr. is coming soon , when it does we hope to tell our story to the Press , the story of how This FDA botched appr of this amazing drug , we think of our friends who never got achance at t dm -1, like Jay, No Respect for Stage IV Survivors Rights !
Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #74
michka

I have had my 11th round of TDM1. The dose was reduced 20% round 10.
I would like to know if others are coping with very very dry eyes. Loss of saliva. Sore throat. Dry nose. (although it is often runny!) Sort of bad acne on the face during a week in the middle of each round. If yes how bad is it and what do you do?
Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife
01.2017 Gemzar/Carboplatin/ Ibrance/Faslodex then Taxotere
02.2017 30 micro mets to brain breathing getting worse and worse
04.2017 Liquid biopsy/CTC indicates HER2 again. Start Herceptin with Halaven
06.2017 all tumors shrunk 60% . more micro mets to brain (1mm mets) no symptoms
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #75
Lori R

Michka,
Yes, yes and yes to the side effects.

Eyes - I mentioned my failing eye site to my Dr. who informed me that the dry eyes were the cause. I went to my opthamolgist who confirmed I have very dry eyes. He gave me eye drops to use twice a day and also a fish oil supplement. (still need to review with my onc) If it persists there is a drug the opthamologist can prescribe but of course I don't want to take that step. The dry eyes are strange as I just can't focus. I have to blink two or three times to read something...even with my glasses on.

Dry mouth - UGH...doesn't this drive you nuts???? I kept thinking I was just thirsty and kept trying to drink more and more. So, I went and bought an over the counter dry mouth rinse called biotene. It is kind of weird, but it has helped to keep in bearable.

Definately sore throat. It just feels so raw. I haven't figured out what to do here. Any suggestions??

Finally the acne...you just explained something. I am day 6 after my treatment and I have what looks like a pimple on the end of my nose!! Lovely. My thoughts immediately jumped to skin cancer....so you post has eliminated my concern. I must go back to my teenage years and come up with creative ways to hide it. Sigh!!!

So we are very much tracking on the side effects. I just hope this is working. More on that later.

I hope some of my suggestions help....I find knowing we are not alone, very comforting.
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #76
michka

Lori,
For my eyes that also burn they gave me a gel. I have to get up 2 or 3 times during the night to put some in my eyes because they hurt too much.
For the mouth they suggested bicarbonate. It is not a solution for me. It may prevent mouth soars but does not help for he lack of saliva. They also gave me a spray that is better than nothing. I'll look if I can find biotene or something sold here "over the counter".
For the throat, nothing to suggest so I suck unsweetened pills for sore throats when it hurts too much.
For the acne they gave me an antibiotic treatment (pills) although I did not ask for it. They said that if it got worse I would have it handy. I hope it doesn't mean that they know that it is going to be worse....I don't mind being 15 years old again but not that way! It seems to me that nobody except us 2 reported this.

These side effects got worse the last weeks while others are getting much better. How strange. I hope you are doing OK Lori. Any scan coming up?
Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife
01.2017 Gemzar/Carboplatin/ Ibrance/Faslodex then Taxotere
02.2017 30 micro mets to brain breathing getting worse and worse
04.2017 Liquid biopsy/CTC indicates HER2 again. Start Herceptin with Halaven
06.2017 all tumors shrunk 60% . more micro mets to brain (1mm mets) no symptoms
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #77
waterdreamer

I spoke to my doctors and yes, there is one more allowable dose reduction, although, I am not sure it I will get it on trial. I avoid dairy because I have read so many books about how dairy is unhealthy. I also grew up with a family doctor, who said that humans should only drink human milk, not cows milk. It is also unnatural to keep a cow producing milk its entire life. So much, also casein is one of the most carcinogenic natural foods we consume. Read the China Study. Anyway, I am happier to avoid this food type. It also creates inflammation. There are those who believe in drinking raw milk, as it still contains healthy nutrients. But that is not appealing and also comes with its risks.

I am also having issues with my eyes, and it is hard to see things, and focus on things, I never related it to my eyes being dry. Maybe we should drink more than normal. I will keep you updated on any success I have.

I do not have any acne issues, but I do seem to get a sore throat and feel like I have a cold, almost every cycle.

I am interested in what everyones daily diet consists of....
Best wishes
Fern
Nov 2009 Mets to lungs and bones.
Dec 2009 Start Taxotere and Herceptin, T1, T3 heal completely and lungs are clear, T2 and first rib have lytic lesions. First rib becomes sclerotic. Considered stable.
May 2011, Onc calls progression and I cross over from comparison arm of clinical trial to TDM-1
Brain scan in Sept 2011 showed small tumor in right cerebellum, did Novalis radiation.

Feb 2013 < 1cm tumor in left frontal lobe. Did Novalis in March and latest scan shows no sign of brain metastasis.
Aug 2013 did 36th round of TDM-1 Due to TDM-1 side effects, shortness of breath, and difficulty getting my balance when getting out of bed, agreed with my oncologist to stop TDM-1.
Took a six week break, bone scan showed small uptake on left first rib. CT showed hypodensities in liver (too small to biopsy) and small nodule in lungs (mediastinal).
Started Navelbine weekly. Did one round with Herceptin.
Skipped next 2 rounds, due to neutropenia. Next chemo 7th Nov - have had 3 Neupogen shots, so WBC should look better... Did not tolerate Navelbine well.
December 2013 scans show no sign of active cancer.
March 2014 - currently only on Herceptin - brain MRI clear, PET/CT two nodules in right lung show uptake
May 2014 - stop Herceptin.
Sept 22, 2014 Brain MRI clear :) PET/CT Progression in lungs.
Sept 2014, Xeloda, Tykerb and Herceptin.
Nov 2014 - Decide to take a break from all treatment.
May 2015 - Brain met radiated with Novalis
July 2015 - Have progression in right lung.
Sept 2015 - Perjeta and Herceptin alone after a 9 month break from all treatment.
Nov 2015 - Thoracentesis 1500ml removed from right lung.
Dec 2015 - Two tiny 1mm brain mets radiated in right cerebellum.
Feb 2016 - Thoracentesis 2200ml drained from right lung
Feb 2016 - Stopped Perjeta and Herceptin and started back on Kadcyla as I had no previous progression on it. After 1 cycle of Kadcyla markers begin to drop. On second cycle add Keytruda.
March 2016 - Thoracentesis 1650ml drained from right lung.
April 2016 – Thoracentesis 1500 ml drained from right lung.
June 2016 – CT scan shows progression in right lung, as well as moderate pleural effusion requiring Thoracentesis.
June 2016 – Decide to stop Keytruda, and will do chemosensitivity test through Rational Therapeutics. Plan to continue on Kadcyla for next two cycles.
July 2016 - Start weekly Abraxane with Herceptin. WBRT with hippocampal sparing, Taking Namenda. 15 sessions over 3 weeks.
Aug - Dec 2016 - 2 infusions of Navelbine, very hard on my body and still dealing with anasarca (generalized edema) 1 infusion of Havalen
My doctor wants to put me on hospice.
Dec 23rd 2016 - I am granted compassionate use of Neratanib.
May 31st 2017 - still on Neratinib, feeling good.
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #78
Mandamoo

I don't seem to have the issues mentioned so far. I have had 4 doses and so far it is an initial reaction that lasts a few days - extreme lethargy first day and moderate nausea, headache, second day fluey, mild nausea and headache, fatigue improving, third day improving again but wake with headache and some joint pain - usually relieved by day 4.
Apparently according to the trial onc the TDM1 doesn't hit my good at all - my bloods look like a normal person's! I have noticed a dry mouth for about a week post treatment and my nose feel dry despite running. I also have had some issues with asthma/hay fever type symptoms that we feel is not the cancer in my lungs but allergy - I seem to be much more sensitive.
I've noticed something funny with my tumor markers - never a great indicator for me as I see spread on scans prior to change in markers and usually even then it is within normal limits. I noticed this week that my TM (ca15-3) had doubled since I started the trips (I haven't been getting these regularly) from 22-47 and my CEA has in read from 2.8-7-6.8. They have been stable for the past 6 weeks and my scan 3 and half weeks ago showed stable disease in lungs and reduction in chest nodes. I wondered if it was some sort of flare? Guess next scan will tell.
As for diet I eat a whole food diet, focused on plant based foods and including fish several times a week. I don't eat dairy apart from the occasional indulgence in some goat cheese though I am considering adding a good organic biodynamic yoghurt back in (may make my own soy yoghurt - I feel comfortable with soy) I have a number of juices including at least one - two green juices including spirulina, a lemon juice in water and maybe a carrot and beet root and ginger if I feel like it. I also eat berries and fruit, limit sugar, no coffee or alcohol. I eat eggs a couple of times a week. I believe my diet helps to keep me well going through treatment and am sure it is helping keep my platelets and blood in good shape. I just need it to also help keep the cancer at bay as well. I enjoy my food and am relishing new tastes. I will not feel guilty about indulgences and enjoy them when I make the considered decision to indulge (though I realized on my trip to Italy that my body definitely does not like dairy and had to skip the gelato!) I am listening to my body a lot more. I also exercise regularly - swimming, cycling and walking, have accupuncture regularly, attend a support group and live life to the full.

We are all so different aren't we? I am glad to be coming out of the fog from this treatment. Yippee!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #79
Pray

Amanda, I just love your positive attitude! Gods blessings to all of you. Please know you are all in my prayers.
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #80
katymc

Hi all, thanks for the posts and the positive attitudes. I have had bone mets for 3 1/2 years and have been thru a number of treatments. I found a trial in Fairfax VA and have just had my second treatment. It was interesting to hear about the dry eyes because I thought my problem was due to multiple eye surgeries for retinal detachment some years ago but now it makes sense to me. And the dry mouth - some mornings I can barely speak (my husband probably loves it!) but I have Biotene in my bathroom that I haven't been using. My dentist gave it to me ages ago. It's great to see your posts because I always just get on with whatever symptoms I have and don't really consider trying to "fix" them 'cause I'm used to discomfort from the various treatments I've had. It is so good to "talk" with all of you. Now I am off to put drops in my eyes and Biotene in my mouth! BTW - there is also a Biotene toothpaste - I have that too! Take care my fellow fighters and enjoy this beautiful season. Katy
katymc is offline   Reply With Quote