HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
Gerri

Jerking or twitching legs?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the boards and have already had many of my questions regarding side effects answered (losing my eyelashes again is a real bummer but at least I now know why).

I was diagnosed November 2005 with Stage II (T2, N0, M0), hormone receptor positive, HER-2/neu+++ bc. I had a lumpectomy in December and started chemo in January (dose dense); 4 cycles of AC then 4 cycles Taxol with Herceptin added at the second cycle given weekly until the end of chemo, followed by 30 radiation treatments. I am receiving Herceptin every three weeks for the total of one year. I am premenopausal and have been taking Tamoxifen since chemo ended.

I have been experiencing jerking or twitching in my legs for the past few weeks - it looks like I am hiccupping when it happens. Sometimes it happens often (every few seconds or minutes) and sometimes I can go for hours without any movement. I asked my onco but she had not heard of this with Herceptin. I told her about this web site and she suggested I put my question out on this message board. I see her again this Friday and would like to have an idea if this is something others are experiencing or if we need to explore other possibilites. When I saw her two weeks ago she said she would refer me to a neurologist if this continues.

So, anyone out there jerking and twitching like me? More than anything, it is downright annoying!

Thanks for any help you can offer. Stay strong.

Gerri

Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote