HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Kgregorin

Newly diagnosed

Hi, I was diagnosed May 9, 2014. I am not sure how to enter all my information into my profile. Please help.I am brca2+. My mother had breast cancer when she was 53, she is now 86. She had a single mastectomy beck then. My daughter was diagnosed in 2010 at 32 yrs old, stage 4(her2-er+). That is when we were tested. My two daughters and I are positive, my son negative. Since the testing my other daughter and I are monitored with mammo sand MRI every six months. In sept. 2013 my mammo was clear. In April 2014 my MRI showed a small something. Ultrasound was inconclusive, so they did an MRI core biopsy. It was cancer, so on May 29th I had a double mastectomy with expanders For reconstruction. Pathology reports comes back her2+, progesterone+, the Nottingham histolgic score grade is 3, stage 1 and tumor size is 7mm. I meet with the oncologist on Monday. I'm assuming I will need chemo and herceptin a from what I have read. Will this delay my reconstruction. Also , will I need a port and can they place it in my chest since I have had a mastectomy. Sorry for all the questions, my head is just spinning. Thanks for your help.
Kgregorin is offline   Reply With Quote