HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
RhondaH

Magnesium

While trying to get information on the new epiliptic drug my neurologist prescribed, Keppra, ( I WAKE UP tired, moody, dizzy...the HERCEPTIN made me dizzy, so NOW it's worse (I had a CT and MRI in Jan which were normal), AND I've been gaining weight, though my diet is the same...these are all side effects) I found a message board and one of the people said that magnesium helps with seizures and headaches. I know Gina was recommending magnesium for us, but found it is usefull for other ailments and thought I would share.

http://www.anyvitamins.com/magnesium-info.htm

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Marily

Red face Back on Herceptin with magnesium and quinine

Hi, I just wanted to add the Magnesium was given to me not only to take at night for rest, it also relaxes the muscles for the cramps over my whole body, that have been more and more apparent as my years on Herceptin go on.
I have been trying to get back on Herceptin have been off over two months, after a very strong reaction to it. So far I had Herceptin with Decadron and Benedryl tabs and tylenol.. I went haywire on the Decadron, because I started to have the same bad s/s I had the first time ie: elevated BP, dizzy outworldly feeling, nausea, caugh, unable to hold head up, spasms and twitching all over. So I had decadron IV twice and I was crazy for three days.. (my husband wanted to take me back and get his wife! lol)
This Past Tuesday we tried again, this time with iv Benedryl 50mgm's plus the day before po benedryl, magnesium and quinine, I had a woozy feeling with the Benedryl but no other side effects except my usual diarrhea that night. So hopefully things will progress to normal Herceptin days again. We are also diluting it double in the IV. Running it over 2 1/2 hours. It is working! so Herceptin is again my drug of choice but with Benedryl, Magnesium and Quinine. I chose the pink face on here because I also have very red cheaks after Herceptin..
today I definately do not need blush!!
Marily
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote