HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Donna

Andi and Others? An idea!

Hi Amazing Group,

Andi seems to have dropped off the radar of our group - her circumstances were heart rending at her last posts.

I have been thinking that maybe we need a registry or inclusion in our member profile for real names and contact information so that we can be of assistance when and if it is needed. Only at the option of the member, of course. I just feel like this is one of my extended family groups and I would not want to neglect a family member in a time of need. Also her friends and family should know how much she - and each of us - means to this extended family.

Anyone else?

Donna

<!-- / message -->
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Karen Weixel

Are you talking about Andi who posted today under the, "Hear me out" thread?

Karen
Karen Weixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Andi In Iowa Needs Our Prayers

Thank God -- ANDI in Boca is STABLE, NEMD and stilling believing in miracles!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
Donna

Andi in Iowa - taken off all chemo - progression

No, this is in reference to Andi in Iowa. She posted on 6/7 that she had been taken off all chemo due to progressions and that her time was now short. The last time she came to the group was 6/19. She had fallen through the cracks and we have no way to check on her that I know of.

Donna
Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation I Know

Donna, I know. I have been praying for her ever since she was stopping all treatment. I tried to urge her to do otherwise. Not to surrender. You know me. But after several back and forth PMs I backed off and respected her right to live her life as she chose. Still, I warned her -- I would be praying for a miracle. And I still am.

Just wish there was a CONTACT PERSON listed for each of us, w/their own email address and permission of course -- so even if one of us is down and unable to post -- we can learn what's happening. We all feel so helpless not knowing, and sending our love and support all the same...

ANDI in Boca
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
StillHere

Contact Info

I agree that having a spot to check for additional contact info by email and/or phone # would be beneficial. Joe, can this be added to our profiles?
05/05 Cytoxan & Adriamycin every 3wk x4
08/05 Taxol every 2wk x 4, Herceptin every wk x1yr
10/05 Bilat Mast - my Choice
10/05 3/19 lymph nodes Pos, Stage IIIa
11/05 Rad x 37 Rx, R Brst & Axcilla
02/06 Herceptin stopped (L vent HF 40)
03/06 Started & Stoped Arimidex after 2 mos.-QOL side effects
05/06 Started Tamoxafin
06/06 Bilat Free Flap Reconstruction
12/06 Cardiomyopathy reversed-HF normal
01/07 Bilat Saline Implants
07/07 CA 27-29 steadily rising from 28 in 12/06 to 46 in 7/07
07/07 PET Scan NED, but inflamation at prev surg site.
09/07 Started Femara
10/07 CA 27-29 down to 39
06/08 CA 27-29 down to 32
09/08 Lg joint pain & QOL side effects from Femara, will live w/ to keep CA markers within normal range.
StillHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
Emelie

Contact info

I have been thinking of Andi non-stop and not knowing how she is doing is hard. I agree that I feel so connected to all the brave souls on this web site.
I would love to have a place to list contact info. "just in case".
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Thumbs up Me Too!!!

I posted that question, "Has anyone heard from her since she stopped treatment. I too have been wondering about her and her family. That has to be the hardest thing to go through and I dread even saying the words!!

That is a good idea to ask Joe, I too think of her and her loving family and feel they should know what she means to us. Also, if they need anything they should be able to contact anyone here.

I cannot imagine what it must feel like to tell us that "I am stopping treatment due to progression'. But I feel YES to the family should be able to contact us and YES we should be able to send our best wishes. I know that PRIVACY might be an issue, but maybe Joe could set up a special section on the site like you suggested to let us have voices for the people who we have grown to call family.

Thank you Donna for the nice idea. We need to have that voice for our own special reasons, whether it be to ask if help is needed, to express our devotion to that individual, or to even mourn with their families. I am not so sure that all of the families affected with breast cancer even know what they mean to US!!!

Waiting For A Miracle...and getting ready to demand one!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Joe
Webmaster

The lack of personal contatct information has been problematic to us also. If there is a genuine interest, we can add an extended registration form to our website. There are programs that can accomplish this with a high degree of security.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink Contact Persons

Joe,

How would we (who are already *registered*) add a contact person to our info, giving their name, email address, phone # -- with their permission and prior notification of course.

It's a grand idea, I think most if not all of us embrace.

Please lead the way...

ANDI

Old 07-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
Donna

Thank You, Joe

Hi Joe and All,

I think that most of us would want to participate in this. I know that many of us live near each other and this would allow the possiblity of creating actually meeting each other face to face or perhaps to lend a hand when it is needed. I also think how much it would mean to my husband and son if they heard from my friends here if something happened to me (god forbid).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to facilitate this list.

Thanks so much!

Donna