HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
McManus33

Long-term Herceptin: How many and how's it effecting your life?

Hi - I just wanted to reach out and see who out there is on a life-long prescription of Herceptin - how many treatments have you had and how's it effecting your life?

I just completed my 70th Herceptin treatment. I go every three weeks on Wednesday mornings. It's just part of the routine now. I was diagnosed at 33 years old and am turning 38 this fall. It's been one hell of a roller-coaster ride. I was diagnosed Stage IV IDC with Bone Mets right out of the gate. I did 8 rounds of my "toxic" chemo and have been plugging along on Herceptin and Tamoxifin ever since. My doc's all told me that I'll be on Herceptin for my life. So until something major changes - this is it.

I'd really like to hear from others that are ahead of me with Herceptin treatments. How high can we go? What are you experiencing? I just had a Brain MRI, because I think I'm starting to loose my marbles. My GPO says that it's just a chemo-stress related fog - but I don't know how much longer I want to live in this fog, but if it's keeping me alive, how could I ever go off?

Hope to hear from 70+'ers.

With thanks!
Sara
McManus33 is offline   Reply With Quote