HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 03-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
hermiracles

'A New Earth' ~ 'The Power of Now'

Hello friends ~ living in the present moment is something I've been trying to practice for near on 20 years now! I'm a slow learner! lol!

It is something that has become increasingly important to me and now that this breast cancer has returned I'm realising more how essential it is for me.

Anyways I thought I'd share with you something that is free and I reckon pretty amazing ~ about learning to live here and now and let go of all our ego based thoughts which can keep us trapped. Eckhart Tolle (who wrote 'The Power of Now' and Oprah Winfrey are doing 'webinars' which are on every Monday night and are free to download from her website www.oprah.com

It's really helping me to live in and enjoy the present moment. I guess my 'ah-hah' moments have come when I have experienced that time expands when I am living in the now ~ for me it all comes down to precious time with my beautiful bubs. Perhaps you will find it useful too.

If you would like to check it out you can go to:
http://www.oprah.com/obc_classic/webcast/oprah_anewearth_main.jsp

I think they ask you to join Oprah's book club, but that is easy enough.

From Eckhart's invitation:
I invite you to join Oprah and myself in our weekly online sessions. We will be studyingA New Earth, but not as an academic subject or in order to acquire new theories or beliefs. Our aim is to explore through the teachings of the book the most important question you can ask: What is the purpose of my life and how do I fulfill that purpose? It will be a course in self-exploration and awakening. It will help you see what the dysfunctional patterns are within yourself that create unnecessary conflict and suffering and prevent you from finding true fulfillment. Hopefully, it will also help you access a dimension within yourself that perhaps you didn't know existed or only caught glimpses of on rare occasions. Don't be trapped for the rest of your life within the narrow confines of your personal history and your conditioned personality and allow your life to be transformed from within, through the power of consciousness itself.— Eckhart Tolle

Anyways - just sharing folks - hope thats OK. It maybe helpful to someone.

Blessings all ~ for the journey.
Hermiracles.
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Mary Jo

Thanks for sharing what you've learned "hermiracles." I don't know much about the book "The New Earth" but do know about "living in the moment." I agree with you - it is hard to do but so incredibly essential in enjoying this journey we are on. Since breast cancer touched me it is something I try to practice as well. Each day when I rise, I thank my God for "today." I ask Him to help me "live for today" and to not borrow trouble from tomorrow. I mean really, do any of us know if tomorrow will come anyway? No, we don't. So, I try to enjoy each and every minute of the day we call "today." It truly does make for a happier, more content day.

Thanks "hermiracles" and I LOVE your little miracles. They are precious - just like you.

Blessings of Peace for the day....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
hermiracles

True Mary Jo - thanks for sharing.

There's that saying "God doesn't live in the future or the past ~ only in today. That's why they call it the 'present'"

I like that. Thanks sis.
Blessings
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
harrie

Hermiracles...I am just gazing at your babies.....they are both incredibly adoarable. Just wanted to tell you that.
Harriecanarie

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
Karen W

Living in the "now " is important, but as you have mentioned a hard concept to achieve. I pray, like Mary Jo for this everyday.

Thanks for the reminder.

Karen
Karen W is offline   Reply With Quote