HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
Rozebud

I love that story too! Thanks for sharing !
Old 09-30-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
Rozebud

What is a microbiotic diet?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:18 PM   #3
susie

There are as many "diets" for cancer as there are people with it. This makes it very complicated. Supposedly people with cancer cannot properly digest proteins, fats and I would add "raw" things. Some say, "only raw", others say, "only cooked"----broths, ect. Some say no dairy, others say "raw only". What were my ancestors eating---so many including my grandparents who lived to be in their 90's? I'll tell you: pork, collard greens, cabbage, potatos, side pork, biscuits, cornbread, hoe cake, molasses, honey, butter, buttermilk, ribs, barbeque, fried chicken, dumplings, bean soup, vegetables, ect. I never saw them eat a salad. You know, I love that food still but I hardly ever eat it. But because this disease has made me so thin I eat calorie dense and nutrient rich foods, just out of natural desire. I have actually seen people die on starvation diets such as all juices, no breads and many limitations on foods. In their last weeks of life they are suffering from want of just one tasty bite of something. This is where the "alternaative" treatment for cancer is wrong. That "diet" is everything, that diet will cure cancer. One cancer remedy to watch out for is one that combines strict diet with blame of the cancer patient's personality and attiude. The "cure" involves not only diet, but very extreme physical measures (on a very frail person) such as garlic suppositories, extreme hot and cold baths, hot and ice cold showers. He also says that cancer is the patient's fault in that they bring it on by anger and the "cancer personality" and feeling sorry for themselves.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
celina

That sounds like an awful diet...if cancer doesn't throw you in depression, that diet will!!
My sister has always been very fit and well nourished. After her first diagnosis (stage 1v), she began a strict diet, taking multiple vitamins daily and even started taking 714XÃÂ*she recovered very quickly from chemo , but soon had a relapse on Arimidex. Now, she is much less fanatical about her diet. She eats well, but doesnÃâ€*t obsessÃÂ*lots of broccoli, beats (she needs iron) , mushrooms, a couple of multi-vitamins and usually a large cup of ice cream every dayÃÂ*not sure why about the ice creamÃÂ*I guess she enjoys it and thatÃâ€*s a good enough reason! She also sees a Reichi master weekly. HereÃâ€*s HER take on cancer: She believes that all of us have it, but not all of us have the immune system to heal it. She believes the nutrition is only a small part of this, but that our minds are the most important part in determining if we will develop it and how well we can fight itÃÂ*factors such as our relationships with parents, siblings, spouses, friends; our ability to articulate our thoughts and/or problemsÃÂ*the ôemotional environmentö in which weÃâ€*ve spend most of our lives, will determine our susceptibility to cancer. But if we only knew for sure..