HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-20-2003, 01:10 AM   #1
pattyd

I just got some CO Q 10 - 100mg soft get tablets. the directions say one tab oer day with a mal. But I have read on this site of people taking 300-400 mgs a day? I am confused. How do you know what is a safe dosage- how do you decide how much to take> Has anayone talked to their onc about this ? I really want it to work but dont want to overdo it. Thanks for any input.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:29 AM   #2
Gail

Patty D. I attend THE MEETING PLACE FOR SURVIVORS site, so I am not familiar with your situation. Can you enlighten me? If you are taking CO Q when you don't have any big problems, one a day and then not even every day. CO Q is a naturally occurring substance that retains its properties for days, within the body. As we age the enzyme that we normally had depletes itself. My husband takes it for heart palpitations and it has cured that problem. However, if you are taking it for breast cancer, any cancer, I have seen it repeated that 360 mg a day 'sometimes' makes a difference. I take IP6 which is an enzyme and multi enzymes and Wobenzyme N. Now you are talking ENZYMES, when you talk about those products. CO Q can't really hurt you, but if you are going to get into price and assistance and studies on enzymes, (though as I said, I don't know your situation) then perhaps you might inquire about IP 6 and Wobe.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:12 AM   #3
Priscilla

Hi Patty: Do not take any Co-Q10 if you Graviola, also, my doctor (from Mexico) was having me take three with each meal (60 mg each). That was because of tumor growth, before that she was having me only take two with each meal. They are oil soluble so try to take them about the middle of the meal.

I think they were causing me to have some pains in or near my heart. I quit taking them last week and am not having anymore pains.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:16 AM   #4
Sandy

I couldn't take co-Q10 as it made my chest feel heavy and my heart felt funny. I tried it couple of different times and it did the same thing. I think one has to be careful and really watch for changes in the body. Good luck for those of you who can take it. Hugs, Sandy