HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Thank you so much Lani for putting it in a language us others sit screwing our face out, the technical answers seem to be a bit back handed, just when you think you understand they throw in something else, I can't have the Celebrex thanks to the medical profession giving me heart failure, but I find that the Celebrex did nothing for me in the pain department but did help my fractured should I say destroyed shoulder humeral head, I have taken Brufen for years now I just need to work out how much I need or what my body tells me. And to you and all of my family on the site thank your for the prayers,love, support and the desperately need info, I don't mind admitting that I am truly scared this time of the unknown, as well as all of the drugs mucking with my seretonin, I prefer my humours side, but the family is coping it as well, so if you remember, Lorel and Hardy, I'm Stanley at the moment, and I actually have those dolls in my collection so I am going to put them in a nice sunny spot in the room where I know they will be happy, I know, I'm warped, but how else do we get through this, because I think we all believe is this really happening to us? Well thanks again guys so as long as I can type and see the screen of course "I will be there, counting on you" words of another song coming on I think., someone elses of course

Love Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
R.B.

You really should approach a local newspaper to do a column.

There is nothing warped about you.

There is a long tradition of people finding humour in very difficult situation. And its usually the "jockers" who lift everybody elses spirits.

Keep posting. Try a newspaper if you have the time and energy.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
lindaw

HI Lyn

He Lyn
Sorry to hear you are not well but hopefully sorting things out. I have not been online for a week as I have been in hospital with a port infection - nauseaous and high temp. Had an op Easter Saturday ( admitted Good Friday) to remove the port after locating the infection.
Will now try a little radiatio ( 3 weeks) to save chemos as am running out.
You had radiation I remember and i think it was painful. Not sure if it will work /get worse or do nothing - but have to give it a go.
Hope you feel better
love
linda
lindaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:51 AM   #4
sarah

only take ibruprofen with food to avoid stomach problems.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:19 AM   #5
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi Linda, and thakns everyone, I confess, it was my own doing, that my radiation was painful last times was because I was having a double dose of Xeloda with it, what was prescribed wasn't enough but double, OHHHHHH1! too much, it hurt. I have had in excess of about 100 or more hits of radiation, and only a couple including the last were a bit sore, but I got straight into the soothing burn cream Silvazene which they use in the burns unit of the hospitals. But as a cure for lymph glands it was very effective, it was very effective, it is just I always seem to get the rare stuff, but yesterday and today I have been up and down and I am convinced it is the drugs combining, I have always taken a stomach tablet since the first round of chemo burnt my stomach and oesophageus, and still occassionaly need to have an antacid tablet, but I"m still here and seeing rads onc tomorrow and having planning done, isn't it weird what we look forward to, at the moment my life revloves around taking tablets, walking with a stick and trying not to wobble over and the big effort it is to have a wee wee, it seems I just get into a nice sleep, then no you don't time for another wee, at least it works which is a good thing, I will keep you all informed. I am having trouble getting tablets down my throat, only the big ones and even in half it is hard they just want to sit half way and don't want to budge, they would make a good sight in the blender.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote