HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Breast Cancer Meeting Highlights
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Cancer Meeting Highlights News fro recent ASCO and San Antonio Meetings

Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

ASCO 2007 Highlights

Clinical Options

Username: HER2Support
Password: Member

http://clinicaloptions.com/Oncology/...ne%202007.aspx

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Bill

Hi Joe, I am new to the site, although my wife, Nicola, was somewhat active. She passed away on Nov. 18th. She had promised to send 50 dollars somewhere so that a group of people could go to a retreat or spa of some sort in Az. Could you please help me to find out where to send the money? Thanks, Bill. Please send the reply to Dtek10@aol.com
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Lolly

Hi Bill,

Please accept my deepest condolences on your lovely wife's passing. We've lost too many of our sisters.

I found the post about the spa trip that Nicola wanted to contribute to. Here's a link to the thread, and I think one of the organizers gives her phone number as a contact.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...&highlight=spa

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
janet/FL

Bill
Thank you so much for remembering Nicola's sisters in this very stressful time for you. I am sure Nicola is smiling down on you for fulfilling her wishes.
Blessings,
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
Bill

Thank you for your help and thanks for all of your uplifting comments. Nikki loved you all and this wonderful group. She would tell everyone about this site as often as possible. Love, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #6
Catherine

thinking of you

Bill, I just happened to run into your post tonight. How wonderful that you want to follow through with your wife's "to do" list and contribute to the spa girls. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are getting through the winter ok. Thank goodness for all the wonderful husbands and significant others out there. I too tell everyone I can about our HER2 site.

Take very good care of yourself,
Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote