HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #41
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

Old 12-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #42
Paula O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWq60oyrHVQ
The Christmas story re-enacted by some kids in New Zealand

“For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA
“But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests.”
-Luke 2:10-14

"You're Here"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKJ1aWt1J4

Mary Did You Know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dagxYWKmY

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Paula
Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #43
Paula O

(Sorry about wierd formatting--I don't know how to fix it)

Matthew 14:13-21 (New Living Translation)Jesus Feeds Five Thousand 13As soon as Jesus heard the news, he went off by himself in a boat to a remote area to be alone. But the crowds heard where he was headed and followed by land from many villages. 14A vast crowd was there as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick. 15That evening the disciples came to him and said, "This is a desolate place, and it is getting late. Send the crowds away so they can go to the villages and buy food for themselves." 16But Jesus replied, "That isn't necessary-

-you feed them." 17"Impossible!" they exclaimed. "We have only five loaves of bread and two fish!" 18"Bring them here," he said. 19Then he told the people to sit down on the grass. And he took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and asked God's blessing on the food. Breaking the loaves into pieces, he gave some of the bread and fish to each disciple, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20They all ate as much as they wanted, and they picked up twelve baskets of leftovers. 21About five thousand men had eaten from those five loaves, in addition to all the women and children!

"Christ can meet our spiritual needs, our emotional needs, and our physical needs. He is both deeply spiritual and entirely practical. He can also apply a miracle to absolutely any situation...Christ can perform astounding wonders when we bring Him all we have. Matt 14:17 records the disciples saying, "We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish." Christ then responded in verse 18, "Bring them here to me." I want you to hear something loud and clear: no matter what your "only" is, when you bring all of your "only" to Jesus, it's huge! When we bring Him everything we have, He multiplies it beyond our wildest imagination. On the other hand, we can surrender Him "some" of our lot and it can dwindle to virtually nothing.""Think bigger, boys!You've yet to findI've got all the powerAll of the time.Think bigger, boys!While it is dayWatch what I doDo what I sayThink bigger boys!See every sceneWith Me in the middle reigning as KingThink bigger, boys!For one day you'll seeMe in my gloryThen you'll say to me...We should've thought bigger."From "Jesus the one and only" By Beth Moore-------------Jesus Christ, so real, so personal, so alive and no longer a baby in a manger-- knows each of us through and through. He loves and cares about everyone, including people who want

nothing to do with Him or deny He even exists. We

are as like Saran Wrap before Him--He can see clear down to our hearts where nobody else can see with nothing hidden.

He knows what we struggle with, every detail of our past, our today, our future. He knows all about our weaknesses, our mess ups, our failures, the things we wish we could take back or change but we can't. He knows when we stand up or lie down and every single thought we'll ever think even before we think it(now ain't that a thought ! His Word tells us that He's got a heap of love and grace and forgiveness to lavish on each of us. His desire is for us to have a personal,

intimate relationship with Him and His arms are stretched wide open to us.

We don't have to get formal with God or clean up our act first and then

come to Him. This has nothing to do with going to church or any "religion".

We can come to God just as we are--warts and all and talk to Him like a friend because he

truly is one. If you want to get to know God better and have a great relationaship with Him, tell Him so.

Ask Him to make Himself real to you in a very personal way. We can hand Him every doubt, fear, every bit of anger and confusion, all our messes and ask Him to give us faith

to believe when our faith is nill. He can give us peace and hope in the midst of the hardest situations.

There's a verse that says "If you seek me you will find me if you seek me with your whole heart."

Jesus was called the Great Physician.

He is fully capable of healing what doctors can not. NOTHING is impossible for God, absolutely NOTHING.

Sometimes He uses tools like surgery, radiation, chemo, etc in our healing and sometimes He does not. I really

do not know why sometimes He heals people physically and sometimes he doesn't but some of His

biggest miracles have nothing to do with healing diseases like cancer. Sometimes a bigger miracle than healing cancer

is the healing of somebody's heart and soul. This same Savior Who walked with the disciples can take the equivalent

of a few fish and loaves and multiply them before our eyes as we surrender full control to Him.

Gratefully His child,

Paula
Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #44
Paula O

I have this up in my kitchen:

"The will of God has taken me

where the grace of God can keep me,
where the arms of God can support me,
where the riches of God can supply my needs,
where the power of God can give me strength.
The will of God has taken me

where the Spirit of God can work through me,
where the wisdom of God can teach me,
where the arm of God can protect me,
where the hands of God can mold me.

where the love of God can surround me,
where the mercies of God can sustain me,
where the peace of God can calm my fears,
where the authority of God can overrule for me.

where the comfort of God can dry my tears,
where the Word of God can feed me,
where the miracles of God can be done for me, where the omnipresence of God can find me."

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father,
who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement
and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you
in every good deed and word.
2 THESSALONIANS 2:16 (NIV)

When my soul needs rest: http://www.truewoman.com/?id=2360

Song: "Day By Day"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVCcph6cnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAG7zXCEYE&feature=fvsr
Voice of Truth

Old 12-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #45
Paula O

“I can’t tell you how, when, or where God will bring a blessing through your trial of suffering. But I can tell you why–because His Word promises He will. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose”.
God will bring a blessing through your trial because you matter greatly to Him and He longs to show you that. He may bless you with physical healing, or He may bless you by healing you emotionally of some deep-seated hurts. He may bless you spiritually with the joy of knowing Him in a way you never have before. Or He may bless others through you in unimaginable ways. My blessing from cancer is certainly not the one I sought, but because God knows me and loves me, He knew how to bless me.”

--(Quote from When God and Cancer Meet by Lynn Eib)

“Have you surrendered to despair because of your past or the inevitable situations in your life? Stop it! The greatest days of your life are before you. The past is over. Stop living life looking in the rear view mirror. Look forward. Press on! The best is yet to be, God never consults your past to determine your future.”–Hagee

Cancer can mess with this outward shell that I need to walk around in temporarily on this earth but it can not steal the treasures I have laid up in Heaven, not a one of those can cancer touch, not ever.

Matthew 6:19-20
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

"Above All": http://www.godvine.com/Cute-5-Year-O...e-All-219.html
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #46
Paula O

http://files.tyndale.com/thpdata/Fir...143-1304-7.pdf
"The 4:8 Principle:The Secret of a Joy Filled Life" By Tommy Newberry (Link is to intro and Chapter 1 of this New York Times Best Seller)

I borrowed the "4:8 Principle" book from the library a long time ago and plan on re-reading it soon. I asked for it yesterday for a belated anniversary gift. It fits in very nicely with some changes I'm going to make in my life this year.

Paula
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #47
Paula O

“But one thing I do:
forgetting what lies behind
and straining forward to what lies ahead…
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
~Phil. 3:13-14
:
Below is an excerpt from: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/...mera-giveaway/

“Well…. do I tell you that 2012 was the year I didn’t lose 10 pounds, forgot every morning for. a. year. to exercise, didn’t finish reading the Bible, failed to write what I really wanted, never got the basement backroom gutted, rammed about in the same ruts on rinse and repeat, only read half as many books to the kids as I’d planned, and missed living up to what I’d named this year?

"Regardless of how shiny any life looks like from the outside, the honest and the Lord look on the bare heart.

"We all are failures — at least the honest of us are.

"That dog could be barking at a lot more than imagined shadows out there.

"How in the world do you step hopeful into the next year when you tripped messy through the last year? How do you stand brave with all the smiling rest and ring in the new year when the old year still feels a bit like a millstone around the neck? What if everyone else is making New Year’s resolutions and you just want New You solutions?"
------------------
The link has a wonderful analogy of the author's daughter stumbling through her piano recital that is worth reading. It made me think of some of my own blunderings this past year and what God so beautifully can teach us through our mess-ups and failures.

Paula

Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #48
Paula O

"I don't care how big the cancer is, how small the cure odds are, how little time a doctor says you or a loved one has, I have a message for you...God is bigger than cancer. His light is brighter than cancer's shadow, and there is always hope in Him."
---Lymm Eib in "Finding the Light in Cancer's Shadow"

Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
Psalm 42:5

When doubts fill my mind,
Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
Psalm 94:19
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #49
Paula O

John 1:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
16Because of all that the Son is, we have been given one blessing after another

New Living Translation (NLT)
16 From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift.

Chapter on happiness by Joanna Harris in her excellent book ”Grace in Time of Need” http://joyoharris.blogspot.com/2011/03/happiness.html
http://www.deeperroots.com/catalog/p...1b896024cbaf5f
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #50
Paula O

Quote from “The Satisfied Heart” by Ruth Meyers:

“To really know God means that we see what He wants to be in relationship to us and then, more and more in the experiences of daily life, let Him be that to us–count on Him to be that.

I have found Psalm 31 to be very helpful in this. In verse 2 David prays, “Be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me”. Then in verse 3 he says, “Since you are my rock and my fortress….” At first I thought this sounded like double-talk: Be to me a rock because You are my rock. Then I realized that David is saying, ‘I have chosen You to be my rock: now be that for me in my situation right now. Be to me now what You are.‘Isn’t that great?

Be to me what You are, You are my best love–be that to me now, for I need that today. You are the water of life–be that to me at this time, because my soul is thirsty.”

———————————————–

My prayer from some descriptions of God in the Bible:

Yes, Father–be to me what You are…

My Abba-Father–my Daddy who couldn’t love me more than You already do. I love being Your daughter!
My refuge, my fortress, my deliverer, my strength, my all in all
My Great Physician, my healer, my protector, the lover of my soul
My Living water, my bread of Life
My salvation, my forgiver, my intercessor, my cleanser of all unrighteousness
My life
My fount of every blessing, bind my wandering heart to Thee…
My source, my hope, my peace, my joy, my Savior
My sin-bearer. You paid the penalty for all my sin when you died on the cross for my sin and were raised from the dead.
My key to Heaven through simple faith in what You have done for me
My inheritance, my provider
My giver of every good thing
My strong tower of safety
My contentment and satisfaction
My giver of all wisdom
My quencher of every thirst I’ll ever have
My counselor and friend
My sun and shield
My redeemer
My king
My creator
My giver of Eternal Life--a free gift I could never earn or merit or deserve--it's all wrapped up in placing my faith in what Christ did for me
My good shepherd
My Bridegroom
My ever-present help in time of trouble
My beloved

My everything!

Yes, Father–be to me what You are…

Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #51
Paula O

Oh, that we might know the LORD!
Let us press on to know Him.
He will respond to us as surely
as the arrival of dawn or the
comings of rain in early spring.

Hosea 6:3
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #52
Paula O

2 Timothy 1:7

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #53
Paula O

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Copied and pasted from http://www.cancerpatientadvocate.com/

“Dear friend, I wish you well on your-or your loved one’s-journey with cancer.
I wish you a heart that has found the right attitude-a positive, realistic attitude.
I wish you a mind that has found peace-by replacing worries with better thoughts and by focusing on the present and not on the “what-ifs” of the future.
And I wish you a soul that has found hope-a hope based on the God of all Creation, who gives life true meaning.

God can make blessing come from cancer when God and cancer meet, but we have to let Him choose the blessing.

On the fifth anniversary of my cancer surgery, I wrote the following poem summing up what my journey with cancer has taught me:
When your world is crashing down around you, trust Him.
When what is unfolding doesn’t make sense, trust Him.
When you see no light at the end of the tunnel, trust Him.
When your silent tears spill down, trust Him.
When the pain refuses to subside, trust Him.
When your heart screams, “Why?” trust Him.
When you have more questions than answers, trust Him.

When the devil tells you otherwise, trust Him.
When it’s the last thing you feel like doing, trust Him.
When there’s simply nothing else to do, trust Him.

Be encouraged: God can be trusted in all things . . . even cancer”.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #54
Paula O

"Jesus Christ is able to untangle all the snarls in my soul, to banish all
my complexes, and to transform even my fixed habit patterns, no matter how deeply they are etched in my subconscious" Corrie ten Boom

From 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Meyers (p. 74):
"I'm so grateful, Lord that the Christian life is not a rigorous
self-improvement course or a do-it-yourself kit...that it is not a call to
prove myself or improve myself by overcoming my own shortcomings and
failures, in my own way, by my own resources. Thank You that, instead, You are at work in me and in my situation to break old patterns of thought and action, to create within me both the desire and the power to do Your
gracious will...and to make me a joy to You in new ways".

There is none like Thee, O Lord; Thou art great, and great is Thy name in
might. Jeremiah 10:6

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #55
Paula O

There is a "Night of Hope & Healing" for Newtown organized for TONITE (Tuesday)in Bridgeport, CT.
The venue, artists, musicians, etc. have all donated their time for this concert. It was advertised as FREE and with 10,000 seats available it was completely booked within 2 hours. Seats were reserved for Sandy Hook Elementary School victims' families if they wanted spots. It is not a fundraiser, but a ministry to the people of CT.

Artists include Stephen Curtis Chapman, Casting Crowns, Toby Mac..... Max Lucado, MaryBeth Chapman...... others.

The concert is available Live Stream Tuesday night starting at 6:30PM Eastern Time. I don't know how long the live streaming is going on--I just heard about it.

Here is the link:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/327121/NightofHopeHealing
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #56
Paula O

Last night at the concert (link shared above) the Chapmans shared their story of the death of their five year old when she was hit accidently by her 17 year old brother driving. Here is part one of a multiple part Larry King Live interview of the story of this dear family and how they are coping with this nightmare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySghBeUuNM
It's a story of courage and faith and applicable to dealing with all sorts of hard blows in life, like cancer.
Paula
Old 01-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #57
Paula O

http://faithlifebible.com/giveaway?utm_source=[list_]&utm_medium=email&utm_content=getitnowbtn&utm_campaign=fsbgiveaway2013

Passing along an offer...
"We’re giving away 2.5 million study Bibles—get yours now!

The Faithlife Study Bible, worth $89.95, is the world’s largest, most advanced study Bible, and you can take it anywhere. Get yours free on your iPad, iPhone, Android device, or online at Bible.Faithlife.com "

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path, oh Lord."
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #58
Paula O

I was looking over some old notes I took when listening to a James MacDonald’s CD that a friend loaned me when I was going through treatment: ”Always True”: about some of God’s exceedingly great, magnificent, and precious promises in His Word that He has made to those who are His children. These are some of the highlights/DIRECT QUOTES (not my thoughts)that were a blessing to me from the series:

(Part 1)
2 Peter 1:4

4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises....
2 Peter 1:4

Amplified Bible (AMP)

4By means of these He has bestowed on us His precious and exceedingly great promises, so that through them you may escape [by flight] from the moral decay (rottenness and corruption) that is in the world because of covetousness (lust and greed), and become sharers (partakers) of the divine nature.

His promises are like diamonds hidden in a mountain of gold.

Promise: A declaration of what someone will do. The character of the person is on the line. God NEVER breaks a single promise.
I am an heir of God’s promises as His child.
Promise #1: I will not fear, God is ALWAYS with me.

Hebrews 13:5-6

5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,
I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”[a]
6 So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”[b]
Deuteronomy 31:6

6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
No one can fathom His greatness:

Psalm 145:3

3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable

God is a promiser by nature. His Word is brimming and overflowing with promises. It’s an assurance God gives His people so they can walk by faith as they wait for Him to work. God tells us “I can and I will.”
Hebrews 6:18

18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might[a] have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

Psalm 119:140

140 Your word is very pure;
Therefore Your servant loves it.
Psalm 145:3 His promises are great, they come from a great God.

3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.

God’s plan is about the person He is making me into. His plans are all good.:
Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good (wholeness) and not for disaster (evil), to give you a future and a hope.

A person resting in the promises of God has a great life no matter their circumstances–they are resting in His truth. Do you think God is going to disappoint you? Let you down? No way! He always has the final word.

Jeremiah 32:27
27 “I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #59
Paula O

Promise #2 : I will not doubt, God is ALWAYS in control
(continuation of notes I took awhile back and me checking some different Scripture translations while listening to the James MacDonald CDs “Always True: Exceedingly Great and Precious Promises”. The direct quotes are his, not mine.) I have listened to a few of his CD series and they were very good. Here is a link to some of his free broadcast archives: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/w...e-word/listen/ if anyone is interested. The "Always True" series is archived and available to listen to in the January 2011 section.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Psalm 34:8

8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

HIS WAY is the safest, fastest, smoothest road to the best possible destination. (My conclusion: when I want my way instead of His, it causes needless detours, u turns, etc.) God sees every detail of my situation and I can trust Him.
God invented truth. He IS truth.
Doubt is the soil fears grows in and is the cause of emotional roller coaster rides.

God WANTS me to test His promises, put my full weight on them. God invites me to test Him and see if He is faithful. If I will do what is right and honor God I can walk by faith, wait on Him, wait on Him to work.
Hebrews 6:19

19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.
Hebrews 6:19

Amplified Bible (AMP)

19[Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot [a]break down under whoever steps out upon it–a hope] that reaches [b]farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil,
Lord, every good gift comes from You.
(From James 1:7)
----------
My personal take-aways :
God wants a mutual, personal, intimate heart-to-heart relationship with all of His creation. Every person has a free will and can embrace or reject Him: it's totally our choice.
God may answer "yes", "no", or "wait" to my prayers. His priorities are bigger than my health, comfort, or what I figure must be best. His perspective is coming from an eternal one, not a temporal one. "He is God and I am not."
I will not doubt or be afraid because God is in total control. God will help me to be brave and strong in Him.
If God wasn’t going to use Her2 positive breast cancer, pain, and disappointment in my life, none of them would have happened. He is sovereign over all and absolutely trustworthy.
I will “taste” and see that He is good. Every day. ALWAYS and no matter what. He has pure joy, hope, and peace that passes understanding that has nothing to do with circumstance or emotions for all those who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 139:17-18

17 How precious are your thoughts about me,[a] O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

Because of God, I do not have to live in a world of emotional yo-yos and roller coaster rides. I can snuggle up in His love and rest and trust.

God invites me to check out all His promises that He has made to His children, test them out for myself, put my full weight on them, see that they are true because they ARE true.. God never lies. He is never mistaken. He is always faithful. Even though I fail and am not always faithful, I can count on Him 100% always.

My hope in Christ is the sure and steadfast anchor of my soul. It is firm, secure, and I can count on God NEVER to fail me, NEVER to leave me, NEVER to forsake me.

God still is in control when things aren’t going the way I think I want them to be going. His timing is different than mine and His timing is always on time.

I will choose to lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with ALL my heart and mind and not rely on my own insight or understanding. In all my ways I will know, recognize, and acknowledge Him and He will direct and make straight and plain all my paths.

“The same everlasting Father
Who cares for you today will take care of you
tomorrow and every day.
Either He will shield you from suffering,
or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace then and put aside
all anxious thoughts and imaginings.”
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #60
Paula O

Promise #3: I will not despair, God is ALWAYS good

(continuation of notes I took and me checking some different Scripture translations while listening to the James MacDonald CDs “Always true”. The direct quotes are his, not mine.)

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:28

Amplified Bible (AMP)

28We are assured and know that [[a]God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.
———————————
Psalm 27:13

King James Version (KJV)

13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

New International Version (NIV)

13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 [a]I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
——————————–
3 Accelerants to despair:
1. Surprise: no idea it was going to happen, didn’t see it coming
2. Severe: A big thing in your life
3. Settled/or the enemy telling us it’s a settled matter. “It’s all over”.

It is a good place to come to when we can’t do one single thing to “fix things” except to wait on God. Our part: just believe Him. His part: the rest. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. “Be still and know that I am God.”
Everything God does in my life is for my good. EVERY one of His “no’s” is a MERCY.
A.W. Tozer got a “degree” in suffering.
Psalm 100:5

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

5 For the LORD is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 100:5

5 For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
——————————

Psalm 145:9

9 The Lord is good to everyone.
He showers compassion on all his creation.
Psalm 145:9

9 The LORD is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works.
————————————
Things I gleaned/thoughts that were a special blessing to me:

God is always good to me. He showers me with compassion and tender mercy.

Every single “no” to my prayers is a mercy, full of His wisdom

I do see and will continue to see His goodness while I am alive and in the land of the living.

The way things are going does not need to make sense to me. I will not despair, God is ALWAYS good, loving, kind, faithful, and right in all He does and allows.

I will not despair over the cancer, over the pain, over the treatment I wish I didn’t need to be doing,.. over anything else. This is all temporary stuff, all “momentary and light afflictions” with an eternal purpose and some of the hardest things I am going through are really special blessings from God. I just don’t always recognize the beautiful gifts He has for me because I get fooled for awhile by the way the “presents are wrapped”.

All the “exceedingly great and precious promises” in the Bible, the “diamonds in mountains of gold”, that are God’s treasures for me personally. How very rich and blessed I am in Christ!
Psalm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I have EVERYTHING I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk
through the dark valley of death,[a]
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.

I had posted the above in my blog while I was going through treatment and was having a great deal of pain from nerve damage from the surgery and my friend Nita responded with this:

"I think there is a fourth acclerant to despair, and that is getting our eyes off God and forgetting that He is in control and does all things well. And when we are in pain, it is very challenging to keep our eyes on Him. We are drawn to the pain.
Yesterday I read something to the effect that since God has already worked out an amazingly wonderful answer to our greatest problem – sin – we can trust Him to work out an amazingly wonderful answer to our other, smaller problems.
I’ve been chewing on that and finding it a blessing because my problem with sin is not just in the past, it is also in the present. I have daily problems, but my biggest daily problem is my tendency towards sinful responses to those problems. I bet I am not the only one.
And God has provided the answer through the Gospel which rescues us from the penalty and the power of sin. How wonderful that we can count on His presence and His help as we face all our problems, including the biggest one!"
Closed Thread