HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2004, 04:58 AM   #1
To Jerri

Hi Jerri -

Hope your fourth was a 'BLAST'. We had a wonderful time with my children and grandchildren. We had a big Luau in celebration with the evening ending with a big fireworks show that my son-in-law puts on. Really enjoyed the evening. One thing about all of this is that you look at life with a different set of eye's. I enjoyed every moment of the day.

The way we found this tumor is I just was rescanned with CT, MRI of liver and Bone Scan, Muga and MRI of Brain. Everything showed clear except for some uptake in the same area of the liver as abalated. So we had a PET scan done to confirm and the same area lit up. So we consulted with my GI surgeon who went back a review my scans in January which showed nothing in that area. This, with my tumor markers elevating indicated to him that this is probably a return. He said he could biosphy but he thought what if he gets an area that is negative and then we keep wondering if that was correct, and I agreed, so we are going to go in a look. I am sure he will have a scan done when he is in (as he did the first time by the radiologist) before he actually cuts. It would be wonderful if it came back as scar tissue or something but I really don't think it will. I pray that is the only spot and we can get rid of it for good this time. Only time will tell, but meantime, I will continue fighting this with all that I have. You do the same and stay stubborn about it. You will see that we will prevail.

I will keep you in my prayers Jerri.

Irene