HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2004, 03:53 AM   #1
Rozebud

Is there any way to know without a brain MRI? Sounds like there's a lot of variation. Good Lord, I don't want to be in the onc's office asking for testing every month every time I have something that doesn't go away in 2 weeks - but I guess I should?

Thank you so much to those that answered...
Old 10-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #2
Annemarie

The only way to tell is a brain MRI. I had a brain met one time w/o symptoms. Everyone is different. Every met is different and each month brings different results.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Lisa

Talk to your onc, Rose. I had a brain CT in March with All's Clear. The brain MRI in June showed up to 20 small mets. Stay on it.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 10-22-2004, 01:50 AM   #4
Lindsey

Hi! I am the daughter of a patient with Breast Cancer. I just was reading this site, not to invade a private place, but to let you know how serious to take your headaches. I do NOT want to scare you, but my mom was labeled Cancer-Free in March of this year. The doctor never ordered anything other than a chest xray, and last Thursday after what was deemed by the physician as a sinus headache and recurrent chemo-brain (some ataxia, etc), a brain tumor showed on a head CT. They did the MRI to confirm and did surgery on Friday, the 15th. Now, my mom had to basically demand the order the CT because she was tired of the excuse and knew that she wanted to get it checked. She had some nausea and though she was scared of the outcome, she said that she would rather get the information, get the help and get moving again. I am 26, and of course, scared to death, but without my mom's strength, I would not be doing so well. She had the HER2-++++ receptor and was treated with Taxol and Herceptin. It was great for the breast and now we are just waiting to find out what to do as far as treatment for what they had to leave of the metastatic tumor in her brain. The had to leave a little because of the invasiveness and it was in her Cerebellum. Please, ask the doctor, get whatever tests and I will pray for you that it is nothing more than a headache. With your delicate body, though, it is better to know now than to reach crisis. Much support to you all. You are amazing.