HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2003, 05:01 AM   #1
Sandy

I have some small nodules appearing at end of scar line and going up the scar. What have any of you done for these? I believe they are all related to skin mets. I believe some of you have had them removed, some had chemo. I tried to bring some info up under search but didn't find anything. Doc tried to tell me might be scar tissue but I knew better. We know our bodies. I just know after the Holiday its back onto chemo. Need info from someone and their experience with these. Just let me get through the Holidays its the worst year I have had. I fear its my last one. Big hugs to you all in the same situation. Sandy
Old 12-19-2003, 03:01 PM   #2
Lolly

Sandy, did you try searching using "skin mets"? There are quite a few posts under that heading.
Seems like the holidays have been a real challenge for us this year.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 12-20-2003, 04:00 AM   #3
lindaw

Dear Sandy
I have not had nodules but have had red dots twice. I had them removed and they showed microscopic cells.I am now having Taxol and Herceptin weekly ( 1 week off) for 6 months.
love
Linda
Old 12-20-2003, 09:10 AM   #4
Sandy

Do you mean you will have 24 treatments? Wow, that sounds like alot. The doctor doesn't want to put me on that combo until it is really necessary, he says to save it as long as possible. He also says my quality of life will decrease once I do go on it. Well, the way I see it now, it is going to either way on or off it. How many treatments do you have before your 1 week off? Thanks for your reply. Hugs, Sandy
Old 12-21-2003, 07:39 AM   #5
JaneP

I wouldn't be hesitant about the Hercepton Taxol combo. I did that right at first and after the first two treatments side effects (except hair loss) were reasonable. I worked full time, drove for 3 hours at a stretch and managed quite well for the 6 months I was on it.

Jane
Old 12-23-2003, 05:00 AM   #6
lindaw

Dear Sandy
Sorry to take so long to reply have been unable to check for a while. I have 3 weeks taxol and herceptin and then 1 week herceptin. It seems pretty tolerable although my stomach seems contimually upset - I must ask that question of the board.
We tried to remove them and they kept showing. I suppose this for me is like follow up chemo after surgery which I didn't have ( I had pre surgery chemo to shrink it - successfully - doxorubiciun/doxetaxol and then surgery and radiation). I know thye often say save things for later but I agree also with my friend Megan ( on list and now I cannont contact and am worried about - ? do i do?) Why save all the chemos - for later.She was a NIH which I am not familar with ( I am in Australia) but she appeared to have good treatment and this combo worked for her.
Hope this helps - ask me more if like - Merry Christmas - I'm off to chemo today.

love
Linda