HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2003, 07:20 AM   #1
Tom in Michigan

Dr. John Sampson of Duke University has studied infusing Herceptin behind the Brain Blood Barrier (BBB) and has found promising results. He indicates that extremely high levels of Herceptin can be locked behind the BBB which can be very effective on tumor growth. His paper 'Intracerebral Microinfusion of Herceptin ......' can be seen at: http://www.duke.edu/~sampson/HER2002_3106.pdf

Dr. Sampson has suggested that I lobby Genentech to proceed with clinical trials for this technique which I have done.

I would ask that you also send a letter to Genentech to encourage them to take the next steps required as soon as possible to begin clinical trails. The correct address at Genentech to contact them is: GenentechClinicalTrials@askatp.com

Please let me know if you have sent a letter, I would like to follow up with Genentech in the near future. If we all work together we WILL win the fight against this insidious, sadistic monster.

Thank you and blessings to you all.

Tom

Old 12-22-2003, 10:32 AM   #2
Kathie in nJ

I just sent a letter to Genetech asking them for a trial on Herceptin
Old 12-23-2003, 08:27 AM   #3
Jennifer

Dear Tom,
Thank you for the information regarding Dr. Sampson's research. I have just sent a letter to Genentech asking them to please move this important research to the next level. If there is anything else I can do please let me know. Thanks again Jennifer
Old 12-23-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
Lolly

Tom,
I e-mailed the Genentech asking them to initiate clinical trials based on Dr. Sampson's research on ICM. Thank You for the information!
Lolly