HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
micheleu

Today is Lance Armstrong's 10 yr anniversary

This day has meant alot to me. I got an email this is Lance's 10yr anniversary. All of us cancer survivors should look at this as Hope. I've had a rough month. some of you know what i'm going through with my marriage. I keep hearing people telling me "you need to think of your family always first and start giving up things" I'm sorry. I need to be happy too. I told them when THEY get cancer THEN they can tell me to stop living this way. We all as survivor's understand this dilema. I AM a good mom. I don't have affairs. I take pride in my new self. I will not and ever let someone tell me i'm a bad mom. I love my kids to death. A month before i was dx i had a thought from God. He was asking me "would you die for your kids" I told him YES. Then i got cancer. I knew then what he was asking. I love life. I have my 100 things i want to do before dying, like all of us do. I'm sorry if on the outside it looks like selfiousness. Please tell me if i'm wrong. No one that has cancer has told me i'm wrong. I feel like my husband is sucking my soul away. I would love anyone's take on this. I think this is a very open disscussion about cancer survivors. I'm sure alot of people are sick of us waving our Pink flags. Only when i got cancer i feel like i'm a part of something. I remember before cancer having the desire to find my "roots" so i would feel a part of something. Maybe if i was Irish i could celebrate St Patricks day with pride. Maybe if i was part Native American, i could finally feel a part of a tribe. When i was dx with breast cancer i finally felt like I belonged somewhere. I finally fit somewhere. I wear Pink proudly. I tell everyone i meet, I have breast cancer, because i'm proud of what cancer has done to me. I will survive because i will LiveSTRONG everyday. I now what Lance Armstrong's LiveSTRONG campaign means.
micheleu is offline   Reply With Quote