HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #61
TriciaK

Marily, I love your poem! it is really touching and so apropos for those of us who are stage 4. If I understand it right, stage 4 means that the original cancer has mets. My breast cancer, diagnosed in 1985, metastisized to my spine in 1990, then to my lungs in 2004, so have I been stage 4 since 1990? No one told me about stage 4 then, but I am definitely considered stage 4 now, and am NED again. I hope this thread will continue and will bring hope to those newly diagnosed, for there is hope, and we are all proof of that! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #62
Jackie07

Didn't mean to interrupt, but, Tricia, you are so inspiring! You give me a lot of hope. You made Stage IV sound like no big deal. Thanks for sharing.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #63
Mary Anne in TX

Marilyn's poem reminds me of the "full story" of this disease. It's such a roller coaster ride and for some, one that goes on and on and on. The NED successes bring out the sunshine and gives hope for us all. I went for my herceptin infusion last Friday (took 5 hours there going round and round with the insurance folks, but seems I'm on for the next 6 months) and for the first time ever, Dr. K wrote NED on my chart. Little thing that's HUGE to my brain! I'm so lucky and grateful and prayful for warriors with battles yet to fight. For today I am NED and grateful. Those three letters written on my chart gave me encouragement to up my pace of returning to "normal" life. (Not sure I ever had one) But I continue to pray for those in the midst of battle. ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #64
harrie

I try to always go to sleep at night feeling the gratitude and peace of being NED at the present and also knowing that my family is all doing well. Having had to go through that emotional roller coaster ride in the past has given me the appreciation of what is good right now.

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #65
Marily

Hi to you all, and thank you for the kind words on the poem.
I just returned to Denver,from LA after seeing Dr Slamon. He gave me wonderful news. He said that in the past two years there have been so many new developments that things are looking very positive for those of us with "Cancer". We need to look at things in a much different way now! He is extremely nice and down to earth, so when He looked me in the eyes with a "BEAUTIFUL" smile and said go off Herceptin, and Aromasin, get rid of some of those side effects (could not promise all would go away) and live your life. There was no way to not believe him. He feels our oncologists out there need to know from the findings the past two years that we have every opportunity to (as he told me) "not die of breast cancer but from something else" ... my husband said like being hit by a bus and he said yes. So I am going to watch carefully for that bus and hopefully as I clean out the meds I will also be able to leave behind the meds I take for those meds and get my body back to a happy one!

Hugs and love to you all...
Marily truly NED and loveing it : )
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #66
harrie

Marily,
Wow, what an awesome visit you had with Dr. Slamon!! I can just imagine the joy you must be feeling!!! From what I have heard he is the best in the area of oncology and herceptin, so to hear those words from him to you makes it absolutely PERFECT!
hugs and smiles to you.....way to go...
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #67
NanaKaren

Question

Marily,
I am stunned he told you to go off Herceptin and Aromasin and get rid of of the pesky side effects and live your life. Were your side effects bad enough that they were interfering with your life? I am on Arimidex that makes every joint I have hurt. I am already finished with Herceptin. Just curious why he took you off your AI.
micromet in sentinel node
Sept.05 Lt.lumpectomy/bilat.reduction
Oct.05 4 rounds of AC/12 rounds of Taxol with Herceptin
Radiation 5 weeks
Herceptin only until Jan.07
Started Femara-stopped
Started Aromisin-stopped
Currently on Arimidex with a great deal of pain
Stopped Arimidex
Taking Tamoxifen
Karen
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #68
AlaskaAngel

NED and 6+ years out from dx

ER+, PR+, HER2+++ T1c (1.6 cm)
CAF x 6, rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
No Herceptin, no lapatinib

Hoping that natural sunshine whenever possible (or supplement), daily exercise, organic foods, attention to balancing omega-3's and 6's including use of ground flaxseed, only sweetener used is Stevia will help to keep me NED...

AlaskaAngel

P.S. Have added red grapes, and white button mushrooms....
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #69
Unregistered

Dancing with NED from Marily I cannot get in with my password!!!

Hi everyone…Yes I will finally hear the song
“No more chemo … chemo for you
Here’s a salute for all you’ve been through.
And now we bid you adieu…
no more chemo, chemo for you…!!!
I have waited 8 years to have that sung to me and it keeps going on and on in my brain since last night on the plane home…Boy they had better sing it to me lol after all the times I have sung with them for others!!!
I will try to explain why I am coming off my cancer meds. My doctor said I could stop both Herceptin and Aromasin they feel that even if I am very estrogen and progesterone Positive ( I was +++ for both,) with my response to my chemo Adriamycin/Cytoxin, Taxol, and Herceptin, and especially since the large liver metz did not come back ... I am not needing either... He said something to the effect that in trials they have been doing the past two years, they see no evidence that the two needed to be used in conjunction with each other, For me…. the targeted drug, Herceptin and chemo drugs did what was necessary. So the Aromasin is being stopped, My Herceptin is stopped, since I have remained NED this long.
I hope he puts it better in the letter he sends, and I will try to get it in here as soon as I receive it.
I have been NED since the chemo meds. I have had a very good response to them... and the time I have been on Herceptin (almost 8 years,) I have been building up antibodies to the Herceptin and have had some major responses to it ...
Two years ago I saw him ... at that time it was not certain to stop, there was no definitive testing or trials to go on, I could either stop or go on, start Tykerb ?… they were willing to put me on just the Tykerb? but could not tell me what to choose? Since they had no good answers, I decided to continue on Herceptin... this being given (with his suggestion), one dose every two weeks instead of once a week, this was double diluted and run for 2 1/2 hours with IV Benedryl and two extra strength tylenol… since I got an immediate Headache.
I did ok on this, but about a month and 1/2 ago I had a very bad response again and stopped for a 6-week rest and made an apt to see him again. I have had reactions of severe CHF...about 4 years into the drug.. And my ejection fraction went to 21. I am now on lots of cardiac meds. I am up to 70 ejection fraction but am still taking all the cardiac meds, my bp remains elevated.
I have also, since starting the Aromasin, had a fast and large fall in bone density.
After switching fromTamoxifen to Aromasin...In matter of two years I went from a young woman’s bones to my age last year ( I am now 60 lol) and have a bone density scheduled next week to see where we are now.
Last year I had neck surgery, replacing 3 of 5 bones in my spine at cervical 4 5 6( others were very bad, but for the ability to move we could only replace these.) Two grew bone and one cage is empty. Now I, have to go back and get that fixed.
I have lots of pain in legs and lower back and aches in joints. I walk like and old lady if I do not take my pain meds (Ketoprofen) twice a day (which has my pcp going in circles) She is worried about kidney failure. My arms and hands zing hot fiery nerves like lightening bolts, and I get severe numbness from the shoulder through hands especially on left side. Therefore I cannot sleep, I cannot turn my head side-to-side or forward to back because things get worse. I drop things have very bad sense of balance and fall, easily, or trip. With my bones loosing calcium, that is just asking for trouble.
Plus all the other “little things” like runny nose, tearing eyes, crusty bloody nose, mouth sores, bad nails and hair, GERD. Flu like symptoms and severe cramps all over, (Especially the first week after Herceptin), oh and I also crash a couple days, cannot move and do anything even if the world were coming to an end lol…this last time it took me three weeks to be able to get out of bed and be me again.. etc etc etc.
Up until now I have been very happy to have any side effects just to continue to be alive and with my family…but now I have a choice.
So , I am definitely planning that getting off these meds will definitely change some of my symptoms (at least the every two week response to the Herceptin). And that I may eventually grow better bones so my next spine surgery will work, also that my spine will quit disintegrating
and many meds will go away. I hate that big handful every morning and evening…
I was told to take vitamin D, calcium and get out in the sun 15 min a day instead of starting on the big calcium replacement drugs.
Vitamins will be all my med intake in a time in the near future! I eat lots of highly endowed with antioxidants, colored fruits, and vegetables (mushrooms of all kinds included)
I hope this helps to answer your questions. I will definitely try to explain better why off both meds at the same time when I get the letter... sorry chemo brain in use here…. uggg

Hugs and love

Marily : ) definitely dancing with NED.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #70
NanaKaren

Great explanation

Marily,
Thanks for the wonderful explanation. Many happy NED days ahead are in store for you. Love, NanaKaren
micromet in sentinel node
Sept.05 Lt.lumpectomy/bilat.reduction
Oct.05 4 rounds of AC/12 rounds of Taxol with Herceptin
Radiation 5 weeks
Herceptin only until Jan.07
Started Femara-stopped
Started Aromisin-stopped
Currently on Arimidex with a great deal of pain
Stopped Arimidex
Taking Tamoxifen
Karen
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #71
KymAustralia

Hi everyone,

At Jackie's suggestion I am including my update here.

I was dx'd in Nov '02 and enrolled in the BCIRG 006 trial for using Herceptin as a frontline treatment for early Her2 pos breast cancer.

I have now passed the 5 1/2 year mark and are NED and want you all to know how incredibly grateful I am that I was dx'd when this trial was open and that I was lucky enough to be randomised into an arm that received herceptin as I have no doubt that it is why I am NED today.

Love and hugs to all
Her2 +++ Er pos
1 x Pos Node of 14
Entered BCIRG 006 Trial Jan '03
4 x AC 4 x Taxotere 30 Rads
1 year Herceptin
5 years Arimadex
Total hysterectomy (came out of chemopause) March '04
2012 - Still NED
KymAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #72
Gabrielle

Me Too

Hi, this is Gabrielle.

I'm in my 9th year and I remember how I clung to survivor stories when I was first diagnosed.

My story: Dx at age 44, Stage 3a, 9 infected nodes out of 21, Her2/Neu, infiltating ductal, 5.2 cm stuck to the chest wall, left breast.

Treatment: 4 rounds of adriamycin/cytoxin; 4 rounds of taxotere, 25 hits of radiation, 52 weekly herceptins. Mastectomy; prophylactic mastectomy on the healthy breast 9 mos after diagnosis; prophylactic hysterectomy about 1.5 years after dx.

I have no idea why I survived and friends didn't. This disease is humbling and mysterious and I don't have all the answers. I did, as noted, treat it very aggressively. My kids were 12 and 9 at the time and I was driven by a primal maternal need to survive.

I took 5 months off for chemo but after that, continued to work (I'm a CPA). This year, I started studies for my doctorate.

I hope I don't offend those who have done everything I did and more, but didn't have the luck I've had. It's occurred to me that my posts might make others who have recurred, sad, in that that their stories haven't had the happy ending mine has had. To me, the true warriors are our sisters who have passed; I have had a healthy dose of survivors' guilt from time to time.

But for those who are newly diagnosed, I hope you are energized and hopeful as a result of my personal story. In early 2000, I was told by my doctor that without chemo, I would be dead in 2 years. I took every med offered and here I am , 9 years later, hopeful and making continual plans for the future. My children are turning 21 and 18 this summer. My prayers were answered, to see them raised. It's all gravy from here on out.

Hugs and prayers for all of you,
-Gabrielle
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #73
Rozebud

4.5 years and counting...

I haven't been on this site in quite some time. When I was first diagnosed, I was here every day. So remember, for every post here, there are 20 other women who are long term NED but just don't frequent the site anymore.

4 1/2 years out from a stage 3C dx....and fortunately (praise God) was randomized to receive herceptin in the BCIRG 006 trial.

Dx'd 1/04 at 33, while 33 weeks pregnant

Dx: Stage IIIC IDC, ER-, PR+ (23%), Her2=2.7 (IDC)/7.6 (FSH), 2.5cm primary tumor, grade III, 11/18+ nodes (largest 3.8 cm)

Treatment: A/C *4, T *4, 1 year of herceptin (BCIRG 006), mastectomy, rads (7 weeks), zoladex (5 years) with tamoxifen (2 years)/aromisin (3 years), bilateral SGAP summer 05 at NOLA

Oops, retested tumor and I guess I'm er/pr- after all.
Stopped all hormonal tx 10/07. Periods resumed 6/08. Bye bye hot flashes!!!!

http://www.edrie.com/kopecky
*~VISIT OUR FAMILY!~*
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #74
Jackie07

Welcome back, Rose. And thanks for the 20/1 analysis. That means a lot to me.

Your travelling pictures look great! Thanks for sharing.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 07-30-2008 at 03:52 PM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #75
sassy

Just want to bump this up.
Left mast .9cm tumor 5 of 14 nodes
Triple Positive
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol/Herceptin
33Rads
Strange infect mast site one year aft surg, hosp 1 wk
Herceptin for total of 18 months
Lupron Monthly 4 yrs
Neurontin for aches, pains and hot flashes(It works!)
Ovaries removed 11/09 stop Lupron and Neurontin
Arimidex 6 yrs (tried Femara, no SE improvement)
Tried Exemestane-hips got so bad could hardly walk
Back to Arimidex for year seven
Zometa 2X Annual for 7years, Lasix
Stop Arimidex 5/13
Stop Zometa 7/13-Bi-lateral Stress Fractures in Femurs from Zometa
5/14 Start Tamoxifen
3/15 Stem cell transplant to stimulate femur bone growth/healing
5/15 Complete fracture of right femur/Titanium rods both femurs
9/16 Start Evista stopTamoxifen
3/17 Stop Evista--unwelcome side effects!
NED and no meds.......
14YEARS NED!
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #76
Soccermom2006

THX Sassy! Needed this today ... 5 women on my other site were either newly diagnosed or told they have advancing disease yesterday...so I am very lucky to be able to say...
3 years and nearly 10 months since DX...NED!
Soccermom2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #77
schoolteacher

Thanks for all your posts. There are times that coming to this site to hear others experiences is all that get me through the day.

I have 3 more TCH treatments; and hopefully, my scans will continue to show me NED. I have only been NED since 4-16-08.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #78
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking Amelia

Here is a giant hug for you. Sending special thoughts that are sprinkled with lots of love>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #79
schoolteacher

Thank you Marie. I needed that today. I am getting ready to go teach a Homebound student.

I hope you and the Mighty Oak are doing well. Have a great vacation.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #80
StephN

Smile

Somehow, I was sure I had put in my 2 cents worth here. Obviously not ...

Had a very busy summer and still going strong.

My fight with this disease began in fall of 2000 - just 8 years ago. Wish I could say 8 years NED and ditch the Herceptin (just got it again today) like Marily.

But I CAN say that I am just a little over SIX years since declared NED after becoming Stage IV.

I fortunately do not have the side effects that Marily mentioned, but that does not mean that I might not get to the same point after so many years on Herceptin.

Going forward with new information from those who are just a little ahead of me. Really appreciate the sharing that takes place here!

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote