HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Inflammatory Breast Cancer
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
mommaS

How fast can skin mets occur

I am new to the boards but have had a roller coaster week of thinking I am heading for surgery to now possible mets to my bones and skins. The mets to my bones might be a false positive on the PET/CT due to recent GCSF shots to boost my immune system during the previous 24 weeks of chemo. Yesterday, however, we met with our surgeon to discuss the future possibility of a modified radical mastectomy, and I showed her these little bumps on my left breast that had appeared over the last two days. Needless to say they were suspicious and I left the office after two small skin biopsies where taken. Wonder if mets to skin has occurred for anyone else so quickly after six months of chemo?

1/7/10 Diagnosed IBC while BF twins a pleomorphic infiltrating lobular carcinoma; 12x9 cm; ER+, PR+, HER-2/neu++; Ki-67 80%
1/25/10 MRI of brain/scan of bone neg-
1/27/10 PET Scan-hypermetabolism in left breast axillary; right mediastinal, left and right supraclavicular and internal mammary lymph nodes
1/29/10 Port Placement, started 24 weeks of chemotherapy with: Trastuzumab- Herceptin, Paclitaxel- Taxol, and Vinorebine- Navelbine
7/9/10 Finished 24th chemo treatment
7/15/10 PET/CT showed excellent response in nodes and breast; possible bone mets
7/16/10 Began Herceptin@ 3 wks and Zometa @6 wks plus Lupron and Femera
7/29/10 Diagnosed with HER+,ER-,PR- skin mets; started Doxil & Cytoxin; no response
11/5/10 PET/CT mets to bone, liver, lung, adrenal; started Xeloda
11/12/10 Brain MRI-Brain Mets, stopped Xeloda, started WBRT 11/16 and Tykerb on 11/19
12/6/10 completed 15 rounds WBRT
12/19/10 restarted Xeloda

mommaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, chemo, gcsf, mets, skin