HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
PatriceH

Question Cancer Treatments and employment issues

I am currently employed. My employer has been very supportive, thus far. But my work environment is a mess. I work in an industry (commercial real estate) that has been hit very hard. The company I work for is struggling...I question the decisions leadership is making (or not making), structure and vision are non existent....

I am in this journey at a point where I am on herceptin treatments probably until November...other doc appointments and scans in between.

As you all know, you start to make life decisions on what matter most. I question the energy I am expending going every day to a workplace that leaves my talents untapped and me emotionally frustrated. I am building up other positive social/spiritual/emotional outlets in other areas of life.

What if I stick around and the place implodes and I am left without insurance, etc.? Oh, the questions!

I want to apply for other jobs, but who would hire someone in the middle of cancer treatments?!

Anybody been here before. How did you handle a job search? Did you just stick it out?

????
PatriceH is offline   Reply With Quote