HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2004, 07:59 AM   #1
Linda in TX

I have just finished number 6 of 8 rounds of taxotere/herceptin. I'm happy to say I am responding very well to the chemo too! The taxotere has caused the eye tearing and for a period of time of was prescribed eye drops for this....it helped a bit but never did stop the almost constant flow of tears. Over the past few days I have noticed that my eyelids, sometimes one eye, sometimes the other, sometimes both, twitch alot. Has anyone experienced this? I'm wondering if it is just the fatigue or a side effect of the chemo. I am not scheduled to see my onc until Feb 11th and am wondering if it is something I should address before that time. Thanks for any in"sight"!

Linda
Old 01-28-2004, 12:14 AM   #2
eleanor

And the winner is????..............me, of course.
(poster child again). Yes I had the twitching eyes and the watering eyes. The watering started on the left side then eventually went to both eyes. I carried tissues with me cause it was that bad. People always thought I was crying. The twitching was primarily in my right eye and it was annoying to say the least. The good news???? Once I stopped the taxotere, both symptons went away after a few weeks.
el
Old 01-28-2004, 12:30 AM   #3
Kathie in NJ

I had the twitching eyes during taxol treatments. Yes it was most annoying and it did go away once I stopped chemo. I have the running nose when I am eating problem. Developed this during my first round of chemo and it hasn't stopped three years later. Anyone have this to deal with????
Kathie
Old 01-28-2004, 03:03 AM   #4
Lisa

Since being on Herceptin and Navelbine, my eyes water constantly, too, Nose drips a lot AND my whole body twitches when i lie down (which may be from the MS Contin). I think the sinus issues are Herceptin related, not Navelbine, since they happen on off-Navelbine weeks, too.

Maybe we should all buy stocks in Kleenex!
Or call them for a group discount.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #5
cathy

Linda - I have had twitching lower and upper eyelids just about ever since I started the taxotere/herceptin/carboplatinum regime. I agree, it is very annoying at times but I glad to hear from others that it will go away when treatment is discontinued. Constantly runny nose is a problem for me also. Good luck
Old 01-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
eleanor

You know, I have that and I just thought it was cause I was on oxygen. I just learned to live with it.
Boy you learn something new all the time here
(smile).
el
Old 01-30-2004, 08:18 AM   #7
Beth

I was at my Onc's today for my 5th weekly treatment of taxol/herceptin for liver mets. Riding in the car my nose starts drippin' like a leaky faucet, drip-drip-drip. I get out of the car hit the cold air & my nose starts drippin' again. I am paying the receptionist my co-pay (have to look down to in my wallet) my nose starts drip-dribblin. I go to get my blood drawn, look to set my purse down and drip...oh yeah..my eyes started twitching a couple weeks ago....LOL glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thanks for sharing girls. I bought 3 hats today because my hair started to thin some, picked a neat wig in case it all goes......the whole time I was twitchin' and a drippin'!

Hugs,

Beth