HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
Christine

Women who are HER2 positive are special. If we go to local support group meetings, we may be the only one who is HER2+ and have trouble connecting with the rest of the group.

We have made a decision to keep our chat room open 24 hours a day. If you are in another country such as Australia or UK and would like to start your own chat group...feel free to do so.

We will soon be exploring several ways for visitors to log on to our site. This will let other visitors know that you are online and you can then meet in the chat room for a discussion.

If anyone has any ideas how we can do this..please email me.

Hugs
Christine

Old 02-02-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Rose

Dear Christine: You are so right about the support groups. I am usually the only woman on Herceptin, and that carries with it an entire story of my disease and kind of recovery I need. Thanks so much for this site. My husband has even used the men's caregivers board and has made contact with others. Thanks for making what feels some of the time like an isolating disease, not so.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
Staci

I understand where you are coming from. Try being ER-, PR-, Her2-, and 20 years younger than most people in the support group!!!!!!!!!! Talk about being out of the loop. Still, I find the friendship and information here inspiring and helpful. We are all still fighting the same battle.