HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
JaneP

Did you have any scabbing in the scar area - either from the rads or from the skin mets? I have and it is painful. Jane
Old 02-03-2004, 03:03 AM   #2
Sandy

I didn't have rads (only 5 treatments as it spread the skin mets like wildfire) I had a huge scab on the end of the graft site following surgery, May 2002, but that healed up and left a big scar. Part of the graft was lost. The only scabs I had since was a couple of places on the graft that got red and keep scaling over. We don't know if it was burn from the Miltex, or the mets coming through the graft. I still have them but they are looking better and look as though they are healing from the inside out. As for the question you asked me I really don't know. I will tell you that I do lots of supplements oral as well as some topical. Good or bad, approved or not approved, I feel comfortable with them and have one consult that does them for me. I do not go from consult to consult. I have had this one from day one. You have to do what your body feels comfortable with. I was sent to wound care after stopping the Miltex to see what they recommended for treatments for the burns and dryness. They gave me some aloe vesta you can get at Wal Mart or Rite Aid. I prefer to use an aloe or lotion with out petroleum or preservatives so I use an all nautural one that I send away for. Its expensive but I am more comfortable with it and know I am not putting oil that should be burned for fuel on my body. That is only me and no one has to agree with the way I feel or believe. I hope you can find out what is going on with the scabs and perhaps, use a lotion that will help. How about How about band aid plus ointment which is good for pain? Some times we have to direct the docs as they have lots on their minds besides just caring for one person. I wish you luck. Sorry I am not much help. Hugs, Sandy